London Irish

I know it doesn't air until next week and I know I won't get to see it unless it gets put on You Tube, but this is a show I am very curious about seeing as it has Ardal O'Hanlon and Sinead Keenan.

Waiting to hear what you guys think!

I'm watching it at the moment and haven't laughed yet. I have. however, been irritated immensely by everything about it, it seems crude and frantic.

I caught a bit, wasn't too impressed, and turned over to watch the new Iranian president addressing the UN.

I chuckled at the scene Ardal was in, but that was about it.

Felt very loose and like the script writers were thinking
"heh that sounded Irish that'll get a laugh"

The sheer amount of swearing was quite ... I dunno, disarming almost? It had a very confrontational tone; it's certainly not a sitcom that I could sit down and relax by watching.

But there were quite a number of laughs, and it didn't rely on the incredibly tired social faux pas to build its humour.

The guy in the dress was quite a nice running gag.

Haven't checked this out. There is a preview in the Guardian's Saturday Guide, TVOD column- pretty much demolishes it. I would like a chance to make up my mind, but...
Throwaway gags about, apparently, disability, Anne Frank, paedophilia and incontinence. Edgy is one thing, but really.
Next week, I read... (-SPOILER- though I think that ought to read -PUBLIC SERVICE ALERT-)

..there will be necrophilia. For a bet. At a funeral.

Quote: Aaron @ September 25 2013, 12:05 PM BST

The sheer amount of swearing was quite ... I dunno, disarming almost? It had a very confrontational tone;

LOL, I hadn't even noticed it much. That's pretty much how we all talk up here in the New York area. Wave

Quote: Dice @ September 25 2013, 2:43 PM BST

LOL, I hadn't even noticed it much. That's pretty much how we all talk up here in the New York area. Wave

It's not commonly heard on television quite so liberally though, is it?

I'd been looking forward to this for ages and it was such a huge let down. It just felt like frantic non-stop shouting. It was like the writers decided to see how many words it's physically possible to squeeze into half an hour and the over-acting was shocking. The blonde girl was angry on the verge of exploding for the entire episode no matter what situation she was in. Some of the chat would've come across as quite funny on paper, but it was so badly put together and edited that I'm just not going to bother with the rest of it.

Being a Paddy in London until a few year ago I was looking forward to this but it was way too overblown and shouty, it's like they did it by numbers, an angry one, a ditzy one, a fey one and a jack the laddish one, I gave up c**t count in the end.

Quote: Aaron @ September 25 2013, 3:03 PM BST

It's not commonly heard on television quite so liberally though, is it?

Not at all! Just at the dinner table.
;)

Just watched this. I didn't enjoy it in the slightest due to the acting being horrible and the editing was bad. It's not funny and I'm Irish who spent a few years in London. People who find humour in constant swear words will love it, but comedy shouldn't rely on constant naughty words, and I love a good f****ing swear.

The stupid guy in the dress failing to remember the guy with one hand was too close to Dougal in Father Ted, and the constant jibes about having no hand bored me and shouldn't have been stretched out as long as it did. Ardal's accent was cringe worthy.

This is OK not great if you know what I mean.