Are You Being Served?

I think this movie is funny and great to watch.

Has anyone else seen this film?

I have it, but haven't watched it yet. Think I need to give it a go tonight!

I watched it a few years back. Some of the jokes were rehashes of ones from the series, but I liked that they went away from the store, it added a lot to the story. Mr. Humphries as a Nun, hilarious.

A classic film. One of the best at the time.

It suffers from the same problem that afflicted most of these sitcom spinoffs. Because it's a big screen movie, the makers decided to open it out and take it beyond the confines of its TV setting, in this case the Mens/Womenswear department. Thus the intimacy which was such an integral part of the original's appeal is lost and we end up with something fundamentally different and inferior to the show we love. And yes, it did recycle a few bits and bobs from the series which doesn't help.

Of all films that are repeated, I always make a point of watching this because it's so bad, it's brilliant. It looks like the cheapest thing ever. Some films are completely bad, boring, pretentious or unwatchable but this has that car crash feel to it. A lot of the seventies sitcom to screen films are like this but in a way that's no bad thing. It's always fun to see cameos from other stars turning up for a quick quid.
I'd rather come in from the pub and watch this sort of stuff than the latest Hollywood megastar vanity project.

I haven't seen it in years, but if my memory serves me right it's the one set on 'The Costa Plonka' which I guess is akin to 'Carry On Abroad' being filmed on the backdrop of a sand-coated Pinewood.

On TPTV Friday (21 August) 4.40pm.

Repeated on Drama starting Monday at 6pm, series 1 episode 1 and so on.