Big Bad World

First episode of Objective's new Comedy Central sitcom Big Bad World, starring Blake Harrison, is online ahead of its Wednesday premiere:

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/news/a507198/big-bad-world-watch-blake-harrison-comedy-central-show-on-digital-spy.html

I quite enjoyed it. Bit first-episode-by-numbers and very heavy on the exposition, but it definitely had funny moments and I'll watch episode two (if it's online...). Thought Harrison was excellent, and Caroline Quentin perfectly cast as his lovely mum.

Oh dear...

It's all been done before - and much better!

The characters are far too well spoken for the usual denizen of Great Yarmouth, and one wonders if the producers even bothered to visit or even research the area before deciding upon its use to portray a regional backwater ala Norwich and Alan Partridge?

Watched it tonight, not sure about it. It wasn't bad but it wasn't good either, somewhere inbetween. There were too many characters, and I did get bored half way through. I'll watch the second episode, but I am disappointed so far. It's a shame because I love Blake Harrison's other work (I'm gutted that Way To Go was canned).

Quote: gb901 @ August 21 2013, 10:01 PM BST

Oh dear...

It's all been done before - and much better!

The post graduation thing? I can't think of one off the top of my head, what do you have in mind?

Quote: BenS @ August 23 2013, 4:31 AM BST

Watched it tonight, not sure about it. It wasn't bad but it wasn't good either, somewhere inbetween. There were too many characters, and I did get bored half way through. I'll watch the second episode, but I am disappointed so far. It's a shame because I love Blake Harrison's other work (I'm gutted that Way To Go was canned).

Yeah, I think it'll improve though now they've got the exposition out of the way. I don't think it's going to change anything, but it didn't make me want to switch off, which is fairly rare.

Quote: MCharsley @ August 23 2013, 11:42 AM BST

Yeah, I think it'll improve though now they've got the exposition out of the way. I don't think it's going to change anything, but it didn't make me want to switch off, which is fairly rare.

I did watch it all the way through, but I do hope it improves. There were definitely some hilarious parts, but I think it's because Blake's such a good reactionary comedian that to see his face when encountered with something is great.

Okay, no. It's crap. I thought the second ep, post-establishment, would be better. It's not. It's worse. One character with any agency, everyone else is window dressing. One boring and unoriginal plot, unbelievable and unnecessary supporting characters, and arguably worst of all, a comedy reference to Lowestoft. Shame!

James Fleet and Caroline Quentin are a wonderful pairing.

How?

Just how? Poor plot, surplus characters, weak jokes (spilling the urine in the car must have took them hours to muster up), the whole thing's pretty pointless.