Big School

https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/big_school/

Looks good! Great cast too. I hope it's something not like Bad Education. Are you looking forward to this?

Yes I'm looking forward to it. What's wrong with Bad Education, it's brilliant!

Bad Education is fantastic what's wrong with ya? This looks a great series can't wait.

Excellent cast, just hope the writing is up to scratch.

Is six episodes really enough for such a large, and star-studded, cast?

Quote: Mark W @ July 28 2013, 11:58 AM BST

Is six episodes really enough for such a large, and star-studded, cast?

No not really but the BBC only really seem to commission six episode first series just in case they don't take off the way they want them to.

Having watched the clips (and laughed!) I'm really looking forward to this.

Hopefully the cast is large enough that the script keeps the pupils merely as extras.

CAN'T WAIT FOR THIS!
The most awesome cast, Catherine Tate, David Walliams and Philip Glenstier.
:) This will be epic! Donna Noble and Gene Hunt!!! WOW!

I wonder what time it will be on, I can imagine a 8:30 or 9:00 slot on a Friday?

Quote: G180e @ July 25 2013, 9:04 PM BST

Yes I'm looking forward to it. What's wrong with Bad Education, it's brilliant!

Bad Education was terrible.

Quote: 3SOCKSMORGAN @ July 30 2013, 8:19 PM BST

I wonder what time it will be on, I can imagine a 8:30 or 9:00 slot on a Friday?

I think it's going to start on Friday 16th August alongside the other new comedy, Father Figure. It's due to start somewhere between the 10th-16th anyway. The clips do look good and good cast so hopefully it will be a success.

Quote: G180e @ July 31 2013, 12:43 PM BST

I think it's going to start on Friday 16th August alongside the other new comedy, Father Figure. It's due to start somewhere between the 10th-16th anyway. The clips do look good and good cast so hopefully it will be a success.

Father Figure has been dropped from broadcast during that week. Presumably the BBC realised the sheer idiocy of launching not one, not two, but three brand new comedy series all in the same week during the predictable summer slump of viewer numbers.

Quote: Aaron @ July 31 2013, 1:30 PM BST

Father Figure has been dropped from broadcast during that week. Presumably the BBC realised the sheer idiocy of launching not one, not two, but three brand new comedy series all in the same week during the predictable summer slump of viewer numbers.

Yes, does seem rather odd! Having watched the clips of this, It looks alright to me but I can say that it looks like anything to get excited over considering what such a good ensemble it has, we shall have to wait and see when broadcast.

Mark Freeland, head of BBC Comedy, says: "Led by David Walliams, it's an absolute privilege to work with such a brilliant cast and off-screen production team. Like my Latin GCSE, nothing can go wrong. At least that's what I thought at the time."

Mark Freeland must be a pillock!

I'd been looking forward to this. Then I saw the trailer.

Why haven't the BBC launched Father Figure on the same night? I feel they would have gone well together as a new Friday Night comedy line-up but instead they have decided to rerun the third series of Mrs Brown's Boys, they really do love repeating that.