Best Australian Comedy

I've grown up in Australia. I can tell you the best comedy TV show from Australia was Leno & Woodley - It was a bit like Mr Bean, possibly better.
The Best Radio show from Australia of all time was Get This. You can still find it at www.purehumbug.com. The first two months are OK, but it just gets better and better and better. This is all you need to know about Australia.

*Lano and Woodley

I like Kath and Kim.

Summer Heights High -absolutely brilliant

I agree Summer heights high and Angry boys, Chris Lilley is a genius. I think he has something new out this year, can't wait.

I remember seeing a bit of Skithouse some years ago. Would have liked to have seen more, though. It was a funny show, from what I can remember.

Thank God You're Here and Good News Week.

Kyle Sandilands and A current Affair. (unintentional comedy, genuine stupidity)

Chasers War on Everything

Offspring

Used to enjoy The Paul Hogan Show :)

Slim Dusty

Quote: A Horseradish @ 11th September 2014, 6:57 PM BST

Slim Dusty

Pub With No Beer :D

Really liked Thank God Your Here. Also really enjoyed Chris Lillys first two series. I really liked the original version of Spicks and Specks, although I didn't watch the last year or two before it was stopped (For Uk people this was similar to Never Mind The Buzzcocks and hosted by Adam Hills). They attempted to revive it this year with a new host but it just didn't work.

Other than that I enjoyed some of Kath and Kim. Also most of The Chaser.

Only ever seen clips of Paul Hogan Show and it just makes me cringe. Maybe you had to be around at the time to enjoy that one.

I remember liking the Paul Hogan show but best Oz comedy has to be all the Dame Edna shows doesn't it? BH is by miles the best comedian from Australia.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 12th September 2014, 2:35 PM BST

I remember liking the Paul Hogan show but best Oz comedy has to be all the Dame Edna shows doesn't it? BH is by miles the best comedian from Australia.

I remember seeing Dame Edna on TV when I was younger. I think I always sort of knew she wasn't entirely real but it took a little longer to realise she was a he. I think I realised when I was about 10 or so. Once when I was about 16 and my sister was 14 we were watching Dame Edna on something. She knew it was an act but seemed genuinely shocked when I told her it was a male actor.

Comedy Inc. (the Australian one, not the Canadian show of the same name) was a very funny sketch comedy show that was kind of an Australian mix between Monty Python and Little Britain.

Quote: zooo @ 17th July 2013, 3:33 PM BST

I like Kath and Kim.

Me too.