Quick Cuts - Series 1

This is another series of three episodes, isn't it?
Anyway, it's on in a minute.

Never heard of it till now.

I enjoyed it. Laughed a number of times and will watch again.

Some good laughs. Lucinda Dryzek's a great performer. Beautifully expressive face.

The blue eyeshadow was slightly distracting. Better than blue wee though.

I enjoyed it anyway, love Paul Reynolds. Looked like she really did shave his head then and there. :O

hmmm. Cut my losses after 10 minutes and watched episode 2 of Dates instead. Nice to see "her" from "him and her" though.. hang on.. Sarah Soleman's not listed as in this, is it not her? Oh confuddling!

Thought this was really funny, liked it a lot

This is so good so far!

I thought the whole 'drugs make you act weird thing' was a bit of a lazy idea, but any excuse to get Doon Machikin clowning about is fine with me.

Best new sitcom debut in the last year or so IMO. I will watch it again next week.

It was good however it wasn't great. But funny indeed.

I can understand why 'Up the Women' debuted on BBC Four, but this programme just seems completely out of place on the channel.

Surely it would've been better off on BBC Three?

Quote: zooo @ June 20 2013, 9:17 AM BST

love Paul Reynolds. Looked like she really did shave his head then and there. :O

Paul Reynolds is ace. I wish he did more stuff.

Quote: groovydude89 @ June 21 2013, 6:46 PM BST

I can understand why 'Up the Women' debuted on BBC Four, but this programme just seems completely out of place on the channel.

Surely it would've been better off on BBC Three?

To be honest, if it had been on BBC Three I probably would have pre judged and not watched it. Then I would have missed out.

Quote: George Kaplan @ June 22 2013, 2:40 AM BST

Paul Reynolds is ace. I wish he did more stuff.

Me too. Loved him since Press Gang.

Quote: zooo @ June 22 2013, 12:37 PM BST

Me too. Loved him since Press Gang.

I never watched PG, but I know it was Steven Moffat's first major series. Looking at imdb, which isn't always totally reliable, his dad, Bill, was a co-writer on it, apparently. As well as Reynolds and Julia Sawalha, Lee Ross was in the cast too, and I've always really liked him as an actor as well. Saw him once in a lead role at the Royal Court and he was great. Always felt he was destined for bigger things. Comedy-wise, he's best known as Paul in the Catherine Tate show, in the Essex couple sketches - "Babe, you wouldn't believe what just happened!"

Just spotted that Reynolds has a "Terry and June" credit early in his career. :D