Stephen Merchant's Hello Ladies

I am a massive fan of Stephen Merchant. I must say that this new sitcom that he has made does look rather good, but I'm just wondering will it ever get aired here in the UK because I would really like to see it.

Does anybody know whether it will get aired in the UK?

Merchant is class and oozes it, I think the Office was written for Gervais based on Merchants observations of how petty he is.

Quote: G180e @ June 11 2013, 4:02 PM BST

I am a massive fan of Stephen Merchant. I must say that this new sitcom that he has made does look rather good, but I'm just wondering will it ever get aired here in the UK because I would really like to see it.

Does anybody know whether it will get aired in the UK?

HBO are distributing it so It'll most likely go onto Sky Atlantic or maybe FX.

It'll be interesting to see him spreading his wings without Gervais. One thing is for sure, it could never be as bad as Derek.

The tiny little clip is funny, and it's about time he stood in the centre of a show. Looking forward to it. On the other hand, if it is good, there will be so many, 'See! He was the talent all along!, boo Gervais! BOOO!' comments. SO MANY.

Quote: Dr Sanchez @ June 11 2013, 7:35 PM BST

One thing is for sure, it could never be as bad as Derek.

:O Derek was brilliant! But it is nice to see Merchant go it alone in his own series. How many episodes have been made?

There's a whole standup set by the same name on YouTube.

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ June 11 2013, 8:47 PM BST

There's a whole standup set by the same name on YouTube.

Yes. That was from his 2011 stand up tour and its where they got the idea for the name of the HBO series.

Quote: G180e @ June 11 2013, 8:43 PM BST

:O Derek was brilliant! But it is nice to see Merchant go it alone in his own series. How many episodes have been made?

I think Gervais has engineered the reception the show got very well. He retweets nearly every day from people who loved the show. But all in all most comedy fans hated it for it's lack of subtlety and nondescript story line. It really was like having a hammer of cheese and sentimentality smashed across my face.

But this is about Merchant and I hope he proves that unlike Gervais he is able to progress as a comic.

I'm not a happy bunny because Hello Ladies will be aired on Sky Atlantic in the UK and I do not have that channel!!!

It better get a DVD Release in this country!

I wonder who's the funniest writer - Merchant or Gervais? Perhaps now we'll find out.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ June 11 2013, 7:42 PM BST

The tiny little clip is funny

It was, looking forward to it now. Tiny little previews like that are a great way to sell a show, left me wanting more.

What little clip?

Don't worry. Found it.

*stops worrying*

:P

Anyone know when it's airing?