What DVD are you watching? Page 12

Quote: TheBlueNun @ 28th January 2015, 8:45 PM GMT

There was a guy on the train reading I, Partridge this morning. I must get the e-book to accompany my paperback; Coogan's rendition is superb.

The audio book is the way to go. Hearing Alan read it adds a whole new level to it.

Quote: DougWonnacott @ 29th January 2015, 10:56 PM GMT

The audio book is the way to go. Hearing Alan read it adds a whole new level to it.

Then I shall buy it. A bloke at work allowed me to listen to his iPhone version a while back and I had to give up after ten minutes or so because I was disturbing the office with my constant guffawing.*

*Ditto the time when I thought that the 'Jim'll Paint It' picture of Paul Daniels barbequeing a sausage featuring Ainsley Harriott's face was the funnist thing *ever*: namely this one: https://www.facebook.com/JimllPaintIt/photos/a.163391843814428.38199.163388563814756/191992070954405/

**I am very easily pleased.

Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy. The original TV serial. Utterly gripping despite the slowness of it all. Alec Guinness can convey so much doing so little.

Quote: TheBlueNun @ 30th January 2015, 6:56 PM GMT

Then I shall buy it. A bloke at work allowed me to listen to his iPhone version a while back and I had to give up after ten minutes or so because I was disturbing the office with my constant guffawing.*

I used to listen to it in my car on the way to work. People at work used to take the piss because they saw me driving around on my own laughing my head off.

I bought it pretty much as soon as it came out. I must have listened to it about 8 or 9 times from start to finish. Good thing is, it's not abridged, so it's the whole book, I think it ran to about 7 1/2 hours.

Quote: paulted @ 31st January 2015, 5:12 PM GMT

Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy. The original TV serial. Utterly gripping despite the slowness of it all. Alec Guinness can convey so much doing so little.

I bought the series after I saw the more recent film. I haven't watched it yet as I wanted to leave a some time for me to forget the intricacies of the plot.

Smiley's People has been showing on BBC4 recently.

Outnumbered box set. Nearly up to the last series. Have spent the day watching it instead of doing anything productive.

Quote: DougWonnacott @ 31st January 2015, 11:28 PM GMT

I used to listen to it in my car on the way to work. People at work used to take the piss because they saw me driving around on my own laughing my head off.

I bought it pretty much as soon as it came out. I must have listened to it about 8 or 9 times from start to finish. Good thing is, it's not abridged, so it's the whole book, I think it ran to about 7 1/2 hours.

I do the very same thing on the train whilst listening to comedy podcasts. Hopefully if I continue this crazy behaviour, I'll be able to secure a carriage to myself instead of being elbowed by some Blackheath commuter tosser?

Quote: TheBlueNun @ 1st February 2015, 5:41 PM GMT

I do the very same thing on the train whilst listening to comedy podcasts. Hopefully if I continue this crazy behaviour, I'll be able to secure a carriage to myself instead of being elbowed by some Blackheath commuter tosser?

They are the worst kind of commuter tossers.

Will be watching an old favourite later - New York New York.

I don't think I've ever seen it in its entirety but I bought it a couple of weeks ago.

Magical Mystery Tour. Very Monty Python before it was - and features Ivor Cutler plus the Bonzoes.

Queenie's Castle Series One Episode Two - quite modern surprisingly and Diana Dors looking very hot and experienced. Lovey

Queenie's Castle Series One Episode Three - not so good, but had David Lodge in it which made up a bit.

This week

I will be mostly watching

Kojak
Private Schulz
It's Gary shandlings show
Nearest and Dearest
In loving Memory
Hill Street Blues
I am not an animal

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 25th May 2015, 4:24 PM BST

Queenie's Castle Series One Episode Two - quite modern surprisingly and Diana Dors looking very hot and experienced. Lovey

She may have had sex with Max Clifford. eewwwwww. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/celebritynews/10725249/I-attended-Diana-Dors-sex-parties-says-Max-Clifford.html

Quote: DougWonnacott @ 26th May 2015, 10:38 PM BST

She may have had sex with Max Clifford. eewwwwww. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/celebritynews/10725249/I-attended-Diana-Dors-sex-parties-says-Max-Clifford.html

Bob Monkhouse's biog. goes into some detail. :$

In the last week I've watched an eclectic bunch of films on DVD.

The Manchurian Candidate
The Train
Ewoks: Caravan of Courage
Ewoks: Battle of Endor
Dawn of the Planet of the Apes
Withnail & I