The Unforgettable Richard Beckinsale

Hi,

Does anybody have or know where I can get hold of a copy of The Unforgettable Richard Beckinsale please.

Many thanks

There aren't any easy or legal ways of obtaining the programme, I'm afraid. It is available should you wish to pursue other means, however.

Thanks any help would be appreciated.

Quote: Aaron @ March 2 2013, 7:26 PM GMT

There aren't any easy or legal ways of obtaining the programme, I'm afraid.

this is where you need to read Julia

It is available should you wish to pursue other means, however.

I think he would have been happy with his daughter's achievements.

Richard who?

Ronnie Barker's cell mate in Porridge.

Quote: Nigel Ball @ March 3 2013, 10:04 PM GMT

Ronnie Barkers Cell mate in porridge.

Yeah... It was just a little 'joke' with "unforgettable" being in the OP. I am funny, I AM!

Doh! you got me! >_<

Some of it is on YouTube, I hope they repeat it again on TV.

If he didn't die early he would have made about 3 or more series of Going Straight I would say.

Quote: David Smith @ March 24 2013, 6:36 PM GMT

If he didn't die early he would have made about 3 or more series of Going Straight I would say.

I don't think this decision would have been up to him. Going Straight wasn't exactly a big success with the audience...which is a shame.

from the BCG review:
"Sadly, the series was never particularly successful; viewers just didn't take to Fletch without the confines of the prison cell to push against. In some respects to compare Going Straight and Porridge directly is unfair, but such comparisons were both predictable and inevitable..."

They filmed it about 2 months before he died.

Going Straight was only ever intended to be one series of six episodes. They made the film afterwards and he died six weeks after shooting finished. He never saw it. He also made a sitcom called Bloomers, where he played a florist, but he died before the sixth episode was filmed.

6 Weeks? I didn't realise that Dave. Thanks for the information!