15 Storeys High

A terrific sitcom that should have got a third series. Wonderful writing and acting. I never listened to the Radio show but might have a look around for an episode if i can find one. What are your views on this show?

Sean Lock is ace.
And should be doing sitcoms, not just hosting an (admittedly quite good) entertainment show.

Justifiable called the 'most underrated sitcom ever.' I thought it was brilliant. In fact I think it was the closest that the UK has come to Larry Sanders like levels of naturalness and effortless humour. Easily up there as one of the Top five sitcoms of recent years, the others being Spaced, I'm Alan Partridge, Green Wing and The Royle [Edited to please the Pedant :P] Family.

Royle*

Agreed, this was a great and much underrated sitcom. The only thing that pisses me off about it is that they don't appear to have released the second series on its own, they put it with series one and released it as one set. So those of us who brought the first series must buy it again if we want the second series.

Hey, the second series is available now?

The first disc has no extras and isn't even anamorphic - typical Carlton rubbish, but it's still a must buy.

All would be writers should watch this show. It's a model of how to do contemporary and imaginative comedy without becoming too surreal.

The failure of this show to be a hit is proof that quality is not the deciding factor in success, because it's perfect from start to finish.

Yes this a fantastic sitcom, closest we've come to Seinfeld-esque plots but added with that British style and humour. Very good and very underrated.

'I just didn't think you were that kind of girl.'
'What kind?'
'The kind that gets stuck in lifts.'

Brilliant. I haven't seen the second series though. Is it worth buying?

Quote: Simon Stratton @ August 7, 2007, 4:43 PM

'I just didn't think you were that kind of girl.'
'What kind?'
'The kind that gets stuck in lifts.'

Brilliant. I haven't seen the second series though. Is it worth buying?

Yes, yes, Christ yes. Does that answer your question? :)

Quote: Martin Holmes @ August 7, 2007, 3:29 PM

Yes this a fantastic sitcom, closest we've come to Seinfeld-esque plots but added with that British style and humour. Very good and very underrated.

What he said. Although I prefer it to Seinfeld.
Blue Rat is quite possibly my favourite episode of anything ever.
Oh, and the radio series is quite different but well worth a listen.

This is something I keep meaning to buy, but so far havent. Ive only ever seen about five minutes of one episode, but its reputation amongst comedy fans is high; so i suppose i should get my arse in gear and actually buy a copy.

It's one of many things that I've had for a while, but not watched. Will try and get through it by the end of the week, promise!

The thing is I feel that this was one of those sitcoms that maybe they didn't have total faith in. It wasn't shown at a sensible time either.

Quote: David Chapman @ August 7, 2007, 8:33 PM

The thing is I feel that this was one of those sitcoms that maybe they didn't have total faith in. It wasn't shown at a sensible time either.

By 'they' do you mean the BBC? Or the writers?

It went out on BBC Choice I believe - the original name of BBC3.

No-one watched it because Freeview boxes didn't exist.

'Boys So Cool' !