What are you watching on TV? Page 2,088

What's with all the effin and blindin?..............F**king hell, if you can't comment on TV without all that bad language.

The new Top Gear. It's ok so far...but why has Chris Evans to shout all the time. He's like a presenter of a kids programme.

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 5th June 2016, 8:21 PM BST

The new Top Gear. It's ok so far...but why has Chris Evans to shout all the time. He's like a presenter of a kids programme.

I thought he looked really nervous at first and seemed to be channelling Clarkson but settled down after a bit. Well, as settled down as Chris Evans ever gets.

Lucky Alec Baldwin mentions his name in those BT adverts or I wouldn't know who the f**k he was. Just like that Richard Bacon in the previous ones.

Even with his name, do you know who he is?

Quote: Lee @ 23rd June 2016, 12:33 PM BST

Even with his name, do you know who he is?

His dad Tommy played for Chelsea and Arsenal.

Pop Go The Sixties. Ride My See Saw by Moody Blues.

Room 101.

New Family Guy.

Hi all,
First post from a newbie here, so be gentle
I've been watching a lot of classic comedy on Gold recently, Dinnerladies, a Two Ronnies, and it's just bizarre that they edit, or rather censor a lot of stuff..this is BBC light entertainment at its best, and they think it's not suitable for family viewing? Like the Two Ronnies St Botolph country dance sketch, they cut most of it out as they apparently don't think it's politically correct? And in Dinnerladies, ep 2 when Simon Williams' character says "effing" ( literally effing not f...ing) they blank it out..
Sorry to rant first time out, bu
T does this annoy anyone else?

Yes it does annoy me. It's almost like we need to be protected nowadays after the times when we were incessantly "bullied".

Quote: Chappers @ 6th July 2016, 7:03 PM BST

Yes it does annoy me. It's almost like we need to be protected nowadays after the times when we were incessantly "bullied".

There are a lot of gentle snowflakes out there...

Quote: Simes @ 5th July 2016, 9:49 PM BST

Hi all,
First post from a newbie here, so be gentle
I've been watching a lot of classic comedy on Gold recently, Dinnerladies, a Two Ronnies, and it's just bizarre that they edit, or rather censor a lot of stuff..this is BBC light entertainment at its best, and they think it's not suitable for family viewing? Like the Two Ronnies St Botolph country dance sketch, they cut most of it out as they apparently don't think it's politically correct? And in Dinnerladies, ep 2 when Simon Williams' character says "effing" ( literally effing not f...ing) they blank it out..
Sorry to rant first time out, bu
T does this annoy anyone else?

I noticed that too and yes, it vexes me.

Quote: DaButt @ 6th July 2016, 7:16 PM BST

There are a lot of gentle snowflakes out there...

I'm quite fluffy inside. Like a Walnut Whip.

Currently Olympic trials and Family Guy.

This event is what I am looking forward to the most.

http://familyguyparty.blogspot.com/2016/07/coming-soon-family-guy-summer-2017-las.html

Happened to catch a bit of Catchphrase, which I hadn't seen since Roy Walker's days and still amazed at how thick people still are...................

So the graphic is a motor coach with big arrow pointed at it going along the road and everything, including a tortoise is overtaking it, which bleeding obviously is "Slow Coach"

Contestant buzzes.............................
"Turtle slow as a bus"

Host "No"

Same contestant has another go..............
"Ah! I've got it now..............."Tortoise slow as a bus"

Bemused Host " Er, no! Forget the tortoise"

Same contestant............
"Slow Bus"

Host "No, but you're nearly there............"

Same man again...............
"Ah, ah................Slow as a Bus"

At this point the host and the audience lose the will to live - talk about thick as two short planks.