What are you watching on TV? Page 2,085

Masterchef. I like it because it's creative - and creative people are usually characters too so make good TV.

But I have just realised fine dining process/concept annoys me generally more than entertains me. It's all the faffing about with microherbs, tweezers, spherizing (pureƩing peas then turning back into peas again - WTF is that about?!), chuffing FOAM . . .

. . . and finally . . . I WANT lumps in my mash as I have actually grown teeth since being a baby!

Now stop it.

That why I prefer Bake Off. It's normal people making fairly normal, non-poncey food.

Young Musician Of The Year. It's addictive viewing because of how damn good all the participants are.

On BBC 4: When Pop Went Epic

Quote: lofthouse @ 30th April 2016, 9:21 PM BST

Police Squad

(In colour)

Shouldn't that be "In Color"?

Quote: Chappers @ 7th May 2016, 7:37 PM BST

A fantastic series.

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 6th May 2016, 10:10 PM BST

On BBC 4: When Pop Went Epic

We just watched that. I loved the reference to Wakeman's live performance, complete with inflatable Farting dinosaurs, in Crystal Palace Park. We went on a guided walk around SE20 last year and the whole stage and pond is in a poor state of repair :|

Quote: Chappers @ 7th May 2016, 7:37 PM BST

F**kin autocorrect

Burma's Secret Jungle War with Joe Simpson on BBC 2.

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 8th May 2016, 8:22 PM BST

Burma's Secret Jungle War with Joe Simpson on BBC 2.

This is excellent.

One of my uncles was in Burma in WW2.

Joe Simpson isn't an easy going person but everything he's involved in is class.

Touching The Void is one of my favourite films of all time.

The tribute programme earlier to David Attenborough was also very good.

Quote: A Horseradish @ 8th May 2016, 8:32 PM BST

This is excellent.

Yes, it's fascinating. But I can't help asking why Simpson didn't do this journey (which obviously means a lot to him because it helps him to learn more about his father's experiences during WW 2) when he was younger and fitter than he is now. He's clearly suffering from the climate and the shortcomings of his body. He seems to slow down the expedition.

Quote: A Horseradish @ 8th May 2016, 8:32 PM BST

The tribute programme earlier to David Attenborough was also very good.

Yup, was watching that as well.

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 8th May 2016, 8:41 PM BST

Yes, it's fascinating. But I can't help asking why Simpson didn't do this journey (which obviously means a lot to him because it helps him to learn more about his father's experiences during WW 2) when he was younger and fitter than he is now. He's clearly suffering from the climate and the shortcomings of his body. He seems to slow down the expedition.

Yup, was watching that as well.

Yes.

I guess one reason is his father lived until 2010. Also, they have modern help, ie chlorine tablets for the water and a back up team but being older he is experiencing problems in a way that helps you to understand the problems the troops experienced when of younger age without the modern help (if that makes sense).

My uncle lived with my aunt in the 1970s in a tower block flat like Delboy's just a mile or two from Peckham. My Nan lived in the opposite flat. All three were forced into those places because of compulsory demolition of their homes. Fred spent most of his retirement in bed and was grumpy. While some in the family were Conservative, he was very left wing Labour. I think he was depressed at having been put through hell by the authorities twice.

I'm going on to Paul Merton's Secret Stations on Channel 4 plus 1 now. :)

Mainly CBeebies and Similar.

Things like Peppa Pig and the totally brilliant Furchester Hotel.

Lots of colour.

Puppets and cartoon people with good character.

Nothing really terrible happens there.

My only criticism would be the human element.

The stations don't need the adult presenters or the pesky kids.

Betrayed - when revenge gets ugly.

Fair enough if someone's an utter git and has just completely trashed all your years together by just dumping you, so you might deserve it if you don't show enough respect.

But maybe just have some dignity regardless and walk away. I did, but then I am too cool for school. Cool

Grayson Perry - All Man

Jane Eyre. Love it.