What are you watching on TV? Page 2,037

Quote: Nogget @ 15th July 2015, 5:06 PM BST

Saw the first 10 minutes of Not Safe for Work before giving up because there had been no humour. Did it get better?

I'm enjoying it, but if you didn't like the first 10 minutes you probably made the right call to bail, unlikely it will grow on you.

A programme about British slave owners, which is interesting to me because one of my ancestors managed 2 plantations in Tobago.

Joanna Lumley as an aging rock star in an old episode of Lewis.

Quote: radiat10n @ 15th July 2015, 5:32 PM BST

I'm enjoying it, but if you didn't like the first 10 minutes you probably made the right call to bail, unlikely it will grow on you.

I like it, it's a great concept, but it's a drama, not a comedy.

Joanna Lumley's Trans-Siberian Adventure - fascinating if somewhat brief excursion into each area AND nice work if you can get it. A trip from Hong Kong to Moscow and being paid big sums for it.

Watching an old Would I lie to you?

Lesley Ash with the trout pout. Poor girl. She's over it now.

Angus Deayton hosted it in those days and it's weird how irritating he seems now in retrospect.

He was a bit of a smug twat wasn't he.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 17th July 2015, 9:12 AM BST

He was a bit of a smug twat wasn't he.

\at the time you laughed with him but in retrospect - yes I agree.

That's why 'Have I got news for you' was funny when he hosted it.
Ian and Paul went to great lengths to knock him off his smug perch.

A doc about Melvyn Bragg on BBC 2.

Chuck Berry in concert from 1972 - SUPERB!! Loved his rewording of South of the Border. :D Then I fell asleep. :( Curse this tiredness problem. Angry Still, have it recorded, so will watch the rest later. :)

I had to laugh when he called Roll Over B. a Beatles song.

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 18th July 2015, 10:57 PM BST

Who called it a Beatles song? Chuck because they covered it?

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 18th July 2015, 10:57 PM BST

:D And he clearly has great fun whilst singing/playing his distinctive guitar sound. I enjoyed it so much I think I'll transfer it to DVD for posterity - will definitely want to watch it again.

Watching that Cat and Budgie advert for Freeview (I think).

I am convinced that this advert has been digitally enhanced and they are not the real voices of the Cat and Budgie. If you look closely you'll see that the Cat obviously has a lisp.