Being Eileen

I'm gonna start a thread for this now as the first episode begins tonight. Might have a peek at it but I'm not expecting any top class comedy. If it's anything like Lapland it's bound to be drivel. >_<

This was just about the worst thing the BBC have ever masqueraded as comedy. The director wasn't even credited on it. Ashamed? I know I would be.

I do try, desperately in some cases, to find something positive to say about everything. But this was unmitigated shite.

Wow. I'm kind of tempted to watch it now just to see how awful it is! Lapland was bloody depressing, though, so I think I'll give it a miss.

"close-knit and dysfunctional family from Merseyside."

Ground-breaking, what's not to like?

Quote: Harridan @ February 6 2013, 7:40 AM GMT

Lapland was bloody depressing, though, so I think I'll give it a miss.

Good call. It really hasn't changed any.

Quote: Aaron @ February 6 2013, 1:43 PM GMT

Good call. It really hasn't changed any.

No it hasn't. Still as unfunny, boring and rubbish as Lapland. How the BBC even thought of giving this a full series I shall never know??? Console

G180e all you say about this I say about Little Britain Pramface & Mrs Browns Boys except I would not use the word rubbish. Vive le difference.

Quote: 17petera @ February 12 2013, 11:32 AM GMT

G180e all you say about this I say about Little Britain Pramface & Mrs Browns Boys except I would not use the word rubbish. Vive le difference.

Look, I'm sure almost everyone at BCG would agree that this sitcom is very poor indeed. Plus, about 9 million people would disagree with you on Mrs. Brown's Boys. Vive le difference.

I have to say I quite enjoyed this last night

*ducks*

Just what I needed after a hard day in work.

I can't be the only one?

Awful, awful, awful. In fact could be one of the worst television programmes I have ever seen. Watched just the one episode on 11 March 2013. Found it incredible when Eileen's son-in-law couldn't even deliver a line without pausing at the wrong place. Scousers may be daft but we aren't stupid, unlike the characters here.

Hope a second series isn't planned. I don't even know why a first series was commissioned to be honest!

I rather enjoyed that series.

I'd happily watch a 2nd.

I suspect they are planning to write a second now they ended it on a pregnancy announcement.

Is it coming back?

Not impossible, but I would be astonished if it does.

I didn't mind it, a friend from my college years was in an episode, something about gherkins in a cafe