Jimmy Savile Page 3

If half the things that were said about him were true then I can understand where they're coming from.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ October 4 2012, 1:37 AM BST

It seems that a statue of Jimmy Savile has been removed from a sports complex in Glasgow

They should simply have erased his name and chipped off his face.

No doubt local paedophiles were planning to replace the eyes with cameras, etc..

Or pervert mechanics turning the statue into a roboplegic wrongcock.

Imagine 'The Angels" taking over a Jimmy Saville statue!

It seems that a statue of Jimmy Savile has been removed from a sports complex in Glasgow.

According to last night's newspaper, nobody actually knew who the statue was meant to be because the cigar had been stolen from it a long time ago.

So the likeness was close, but...

Did they tear the statue down Iraqi stylee with a big crane and peasants hitting it with their shoes? I certainly hope so. Can we put them on a bus and send 'em down to Craven Cottage to pull down the Michael Jackson statue?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGuSqSSmyy0&feature=player_embedded#!

Bloody Tim Lovejoy gets everywhere.

If, these allegations are true - 1.) why is the person investigating clearly an open case compromising it by doing a programme for ITV, and 2.) why did the people who witnessed a sexual assault stay quiet until approached by said programme?

These stories could well be true but at the moment this whole thing just doesn't quite make sense to me yet.

I also wonder if all these eye witness accounts were passed on to the police during their investigations.

For the same reason all cover ups happen: once those supposedly in charge it can be remarkably difficult to be the one good man.

As for why have a documentary, why not? What are they going to do, arrest a corpse?

Rantzen that old hypocrite convinced me more than anything else.

I guess it's now at least out in the open and people can make up their own minds. The man is dead and that means real justice cannot be done. I really do despair though, the rich and powerful covering up hideous crimes, the mind blowing hipocrisy is almost incomprehensible. We live in a society of vested interest, like the USA where murderers and worse go unpunished because of power and position. The class system is alive and well and thrives in politics and celebrity culture. Jobs for the boys and as long as you play the game you are untouchable. Modern life is rubbish, but then so was the old one. Nothing changes.

Quote: Pingl @ October 4 2012, 1:33 PM BST

like the USA where murderers and worse go unpunished because of power and position. The class system is alive and well and thrives in politics and celebrity culture.

At least celebrity bastards as Glitter or Savile don't have the power to punish other people for their crimes like governments.
I mean the US government for example remain unpunished for killing hundreds of innocents citizens in the far east but put YOU in jail for stealing a Mars bar. What a sick society.

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ October 4 2012, 1:39 PM BST

At least celebrity bastards as Glitter or Savile don't have the power to punish other people for their crimes like governments.
I mean the US government for example remain unpunished for killing hundreds of innocents citizens in the far east but put YOU in jail for stealing a Mars bar. What a sick society.

Well you're in a different ballpark there, but it's a symptom of the same sickness.

So it wasn't just Jimmy (allegedly)

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/i-saw-jimmy-savile-and-gary-1359297

Also Gary Glitter and another unnamed celebrity who was big in the 80s.

Let the speculation commence!

My money's on Zippy from Rainbow.

Quote: sootyj @ October 4 2012, 1:19 PM BST

What are they going to do, arrest a corpse?

They could check a few for DNA, but that's another story.