The general pop/rock - music thread Page 77

Quote: Chappers @ 25th October 2014, 10:10 PM BST

There's a song being played all the time and I can't make any sense of the lyrics.

"Wanee wenar, wanee wenar on me.
Wanee wenar, wanee wenar on me."

Still keep hearing it.

I've made it though as...

"Wookie waders, wookie waders on me."

Think it must be something to do with the new Star Wars film.

A new Bowie 3 disc compilation out now. It has a new track on it plus many single edit versions, which makes it interesting for me.

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 15th November 2014, 8:49 PM GMT

A new Bowie 3 disc compilation out now. It has a new track on it plus many single edit versions, which makes it interesting for me.

Is it cheap?

Quote: Chappers @ 15th November 2014, 9:57 PM GMT

Is it cheap?

It was relatively budget-priced (for three discs). It's called Nothing Has Changed.

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 15th November 2014, 10:05 PM GMT

It was relatively budget-priced (for three discs). It's called Nothing Has Changed.

Looks like it's the same price as a normal single CD.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Nothing-Has-Changed-David-Bowie/dp/tracks/B00NES1D6A/ref=dp_tracks_all_3#disc_3

Looks quite good.

I'm still a bit annoyed because I already bought a DB multi disc compilation a few weeks ago, the Sound & Vision boxset. That one was cheap too, but there are many many overlapping tracks.

But as I wrote earlier, it's the single edits that make this new set attractive.

Well as I said earlier I've already got Sound and Vision but I'm tempted by this.

Quote: Chappers @ 15th November 2014, 10:18 PM GMT

Well as I said earlier I've already got Sound and Vision but I'm tempted by this.

It's kind of "the final word" on Bowie's career.
And the last five tracks a pretty rare...alt least in a remastered version.

Also looks like your Sound and Vision may be more updated than mine.

Quote: Chappers @ 15th November 2014, 10:24 PM GMT

Also looks like your Sound and Vision may be more updated than mine.

That's true...but they only enhanced it by the Black Tie and Buddha songs...so the Nothing Has Changed set seems indispensable.

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 15th November 2014, 8:49 PM GMT

I've bought it yesterday. But I only listened to the new track so far...nice atmospheric piece, not commercial. I like it.

The trouble is there's a 2 disc version as well. It's always like this at Christmas. People ask what you want and it's quite a reasonable cost but I only want the 3 disc version.

Just looked and the 2 CD and 3 CD sets look totally different.

Yes, the 2 cd version has a 70s or early 80s Bowie on the cover. That minimizes the danger of a confusion.

There is a duplication of tracks but they're in a different order.

I haven't taken the time to check every track but I hope that all the tracks on the 2CD are on the 3CD set.

What do you think of the reverse chronological order of the 3 disc version?

Quote: Chappers @ 18th November 2014, 9:39 PM GMT

I haven't taken the time to check every track but I hope that all the tracks on the 2CD are on the 3CD set.

I've checked it now. The two 2 disc version has no exclusive tracks. The 3 cd version is the one to own...the last 5 songs on disc three alone are worth the purchase.