The Midnight Beast - Series 1 Page 2

Quote: Vince Ives @ July 6 2012, 11:48 PM BST

Correction: End of episode credits says it's Jason Hazeley and Joel Morris, both of whom have a lengthy list of Stuff I Don't Like attributed to them.

They'll probably be more successful than you though.

Quote: Ben @ July 7 2012, 8:53 PM BST

They'll probably be more successful than you though.

What a pointless thing to say. I'm VERY sorry for not loving the work of everyone more successful than me, it's something I'll have to work on. If something's popular then it must be good.

My fifteen year old daughter watched this and thought it was the biggest pile of crap she'd seen in a long time, and completely missed its audience. She'd seen them on the yoooo tooob, and had liked them a couple of years ago, but was mystified at the show Eh?

Don't forget fifteen year olds are very cool - but not as cool as me.

Quote: Vince Ives @ July 8 2012, 1:22 PM BST

What a pointless thing to say. I'm VERY sorry for not loving the work of everyone more successful than me, it's something I'll have to work on. If something's popular then it must be good.

As pointless as you saying you hate all their previous work? Smacks of the jealous wannabe if you ask me...

I'm afraid both Ben and Vince Ives are equally incorrect. The Midnight Beast doesn't have writers, just a room full of blind, thumbless chimps jabbing their stiff monkey cocks randomly at a keyboard.

I'm now also jealous of the chimps.

Second episode was certainly better tha the first, especially "Medium Pimpin," but it still has some way to go.

I watched 3 episodes of this show and I am shocked by its putridity! 3 actor musicians with zero charisma and bottom of the barrel generic pop. How did this get on the air? Truly plain awful update of The Monkees. The Monkees' scripts seem written by GBS and Wilde in comparison to this drek. Yes I know I can't spell and have a very poor grasp of grammar but it don't take a genius to smell and identify a turd.

Despite my better judgement, and constant feeling that I really shouldn't, I've actually been rather enjoying The Midnight Beast. It's not a relentlessly hilarious comedy, but even the songs have been mildly entertaining, and the more sitcommy main of the show has a certain ramshackle charm.

skimming your response I see you find it "relentlessly hilarious". also you refer to it as "comedy". maybe your cat should edit the site.

Quote: Depravos @ August 1 2012, 10:11 PM BST

skimming your response I see you find it "relentlessly hilarious". also you refer to it as "comedy". maybe your cat should edit the site.

Maybe you should learn to read properly.

Laughing out loud

i'm an american. we don't read. we listen for hearsay.

I have no idea if it's what they were going for, but try watching this show as if it's a spoof sitcom. Suddenly 10x funnier.

i see. watch it like they are TRYING to be an awful situation comedy with bad actors and piss poor scripts in order to make fun of awful situation comedies with bad actors and piss poor scripts. shouldn't I get paid to do that much work? or at least receive a .... wait a second.... FINAL episode!! NOW what am I supposed to complain about!!??
i was just starting to enjoy myself!

but I will try your suggestion.