Alan Partridge On Open Books With Martin Bryce

Anyone else see this? Just watched it and though I prefer the out and about type of situation of last weeks one, I really enjoyed this. I've not read the I Partridge book but if it's as funny as the excerpts he read out I'll be giving Amazon some more of my money.
Some really funny lines in there, 'the women in the Karma Sutra were too slutty' and his mother 'Germanising' Paddington Bear at storytime :D

I was quite disappointed by this one. Wasn't the interviewer from 'Look Around You'? Not sure if I'm going to transcribe that for my site (www.alanpartridgequotes.com). I liked Coogan in it, but it lacked a certain 'something'. Maybe I'm being being too picky.

I *really* hope the Partridge film has the same <Mickey Flanagan voice> ambi-ance as previous Partridge episodes.

We need Baynham and Iannucci influence in further Partridge material.

Let's see how the 6 eps of Mid Morning Matters pans out.

Yes, I've had a drink :)

Quote: KevD @ July 4 2012, 7:46 PM BST

Let's see how the 6 eps of Mid Morning Matters pans out.

Mid-Morning Matters is top notch Alan.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ July 4 2012, 7:50 PM BST

Mid-Morning Matters is top notch Alan.

If it's the same series from the You Tubes, then I totally agree. It was Classic Partridge.

Quote: KevD @ July 4 2012, 7:46 PM BST

I was quite disappointed by this one. Wasn't the interviewer from 'Look Around You'? Not sure if I'm going to transcribe that for my site (www.alanpartridgequotes.com). I liked Coogan in it, but it lacked a certain 'something'. Maybe I'm being being too picky.

Good site of yours BTY.
This was more low key and did seem a bit unsure of itself at the start, but the way Alan's mind works always makes me laugh.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ July 4 2012, 7:59 PM BST

If it's the same series from the You Tubes, then I totally agree. It was Classic Partridge.

They're putting two of the online eps together per half hour episode. Not sure if it's literally just internet ep 1, ad break, internet ep 2, end, or they're cutting stuff together in some new way.

Quote: Shandonbelle @ July 4 2012, 8:00 PM BST

Good site of yours BTY.
This was more low key and did seem a bit unsure of itself at the start, but the way Alan's mind works always makes me laugh.

Thanks! My mate in Holland gave me the impetus to do the site. But yeah. I agree, the whole Partridge thing is great. I work for an American company, and when I do Partridge-isms at work they just don't get it. Which, again to me, is a bonus :)

Quote: Shandonbelle @ July 4 2012, 6:52 PM BST

I've not read the I Partridge book but if it's as funny as the excerpts he read out I'll be giving Amazon some more of my money.

I would recommend the audiobook, read by Alan.

Will order it for sure :)

Quote: Shandonbelle @ July 4 2012, 8:25 PM BST

Will order it for sure :)

It is brilliant actually. I listened to it on the way to the US. Much better than *reading* :)

Little over half way through this now. Some really nice individual lines here and there, but it's not doing much for me over all. Too stilted and knowing to work as a straight spoof, and not outright funny enough to work on pure comedy terms. Far more looking forward to seeing Mid Morning Matters.

Any Sky 1 repeat?

Afraid not, no.

I found this off putting at first since his hair seemed wrong for Alan and he didn't have any make up on to age his face. I felt like I was watching Coogan being interviewed. After about 10 minutes though it really started to feel more like Alan and I thought it was hilarious. Loved him walking in front of the camera, calling the host Chris, sitting on his glasses and all his stammering when he was struggling with the answers. I loved the reference to Bouncing Back and how it was pulped....I mean recycled.

I've listened to the book twice now and I highly recommend it.

Quote: BarneBund @ July 7 2012, 3:17 PM BST

I found this off putting at first since his hair seemed wrong for Alan

That went through my mind too, but then he mentioned he wanted to look like a writer so I presume the hair was meant to look 'done'.