The Dictator

Just saw this, I have to say it is well worth a watch. The reviews I saw before would generally claim it to be better than Bruno but not quite as good as Borat. I'd have to say it is better than both. Laughs a plenty and he still manages to push the boundaries, whilst still using the same format he always uses: sending a foreigner to the USA and absurdity ensues. Three times Cohen's done this and each time has managed to make a completely different movie. Very sharp throughout I thought and the audience were giggling all the time. If you go to the cinema soon, make sure it's to see this film!

And a rare chance here to hear Sacha Baron Cohen out of character from the Today programme this week-

http://www.bbc.co.uk/podcasts/series/today

Quote: youngian @ May 19 2012, 2:36 PM BST

And a rare chance here to hear Sacha Baron Cohen out of character from the Today programme this week-

http://www.bbc.co.uk/podcasts/series/today

It's good to see him as himself, rather than one of his characters. I wonder what's next in the pipeline?

Quote: Gawd @ May 20 2012, 2:22 AM BST

It's good to see him as himself, rather than one of his characters. I wonder what's next in the pipeline?

A bomb probably

Quote: Gawd @ May 20 2012, 2:22 AM BST

Freddie Mercury

I did hear he was going to do Sherlock Holmes, which I can easily see him pulling off.

Can't wait to see this. I will go this week I just hope it is as good as the reality stuff that he has done.

I wasn't overly impressed with this one although it has one of the most bizarre VFX shots I've seen in quite a while.

I saw this last night and have to say I wasn't that keen on it. It was watchable but no where near good as Borat.

He seemed to be pushing the same tired jokes just with a different character.

I'd like to see if he could do something other than 'we hate the Jws' and 'thick because I'm from not from the West'.

There is a lot of seemingly offensive content in the film purely for the offensive nature of it rather than how big a laugh it could get.

Quite a lot of lazy writing too, I found.

Quote: youngian @ May 20 2012, 10:45 PM BST

I did hear he was going to do Sherlock Holmes, which I can easily see him pulling off.

Quote: Kidda @ June 11 2012, 7:26 PM BST

Quite a lot of lazy writing too, I found.

The writing wasn't great, but I loved this line:

"Humour! I remember that, I took a feminist clown workshop." *Miming* "Help, help! I'm trapped under a glass ceiling!"