Desert Island Sitcoms

OK, never mind top 10, 5, 50, 100

You can have the complete series of five sitcoms on a desert island, TV and/or radio.

You'll never hear or see another sitcom again apart from these five.

What do you take?

The Desert Island aspect certainly puts a different spin on choosing favourites....

As Time Goes By
Only Fools and Horses
Dinnerladies
Dad's Army
The Good Life

Lots of heart and lots of silliness....

A good challenge. For me it would be;

Yes, Prime Minister
Only Fools And Horses
Fawlty Towers
Blackadder (Goes Forth - if I had to select one of them)
The Thick Of It

But I know someone is going to mention a better one I've forgotten so I might have to edit IDC.

You'd want shows with loads of episodes if it's for life; so:

Seinfeld
Frasier
Friends
Cheers
Malcolm In The Middle

Good challenge Oldrocker.

Right, what to choose? and this could change again but..

Rising Damp
Fawlty Towers
Only Fools and Horses
Frasier
Are You Being Served

Fawlty Towers? Dinnerladies? This is for life! You've got to go for quantity as well as quality; think it through!

Quote: Matthew Stott @ April 22 2012, 10:50 AM BST

You'd want shows with loads of episodes if it's for life; so:

Seinfeld
Frasier
Friends
Cheers
Malcolm In The Middle

Clever. Seinfeld paints such a bleak, unpleasant picture of human nature, it would make you happy to be alone on a desert island.

And, yes, I thought twice about Dinnerladies because there are so few episodes but it's so brilliant, I think it's worth it.

Quote: Rose2010 @ April 22 2012, 3:14 PM BST

Clever. Seinfeld paints such a bleak, unpleasant picture of human nature, it would make you happy to be alone on a desert island.

We get it, you don't like Jews...

Quote: Rose2010 @ April 22 2012, 2:59 AM BST

The Desert Island aspect certainly puts a different spin on choosing favourites....

As Time Goes By
Only Fools and Horses
Dinnerladies
Dad's Army
The Good Life

Lots of heart and lots of silliness....

The Good Life is actually a genius selection. You can use it as a training video in order to survive on said island. Well, assuming there are goats, pigs and seeds aplenty available. And a posh bird on the island next door.

Quote: bigfella @ April 22 2012, 4:30 PM BST

The Good Life is actually a genius selection. You can use it as a training video in order to survive on said island. Well, assuming there are goats, pigs and seeds aplenty available. And a posh bird on the island next door.

Frasier could be useful in keeping your standards up. And Only Fools and Horses could help you sell crap to the natives.

I think the natives might find Rising Damp offensive though.

Quote: David Bussell @ April 22 2012, 4:08 PM BST

We get it, you don't like Jews...

Wrong. I don't like mean-spirited "comedy". That's how Seinfeld strikes me.

Quote: Rose2010 @ April 22 2012, 7:53 PM BST

Wrong.

Just yanking you, Rose, I wasn't really calling you an anti-semite. Can't vouch for your sanity if you don't like Seinfeld though.

Quote: David Bussell @ April 22 2012, 8:18 PM BST

Just yanking you, Rose, I wasn't really calling you an anti-semite. Can't vouch for your sanity if you don't like Seinfeld though.

Glad to hear it...and you're not the first to question my sanity (taste? sense of humour?) re Seinfeld. Everyone I know - and like! - loves it.

Yes, yes, yes.

Back on topic now please.

Honestly!

I'm Alan Partridge
The Simpsons
Arrested Development
Friends
Father Ted