Would I Lie To You? - Series 6 Page 6

This week's episode was much better than last week. I liked Andy's story about writing essays for an imaginary student.

I am amazed by just how consistently good this show is. (yeah, I finished a sentence on the word 'is', deal with it)

It is rare to find any comedy show, much less a panel show, that can consistently come up with the goods week in, week out. It metaphorically shits on every other panel show.

:O The Apple!

THAT WAS AMAZING.

It's definitely the show I laugh out loud at the most, at the moment. By miles.

No episode on June 1st because the BBC have decided to shove a documentary about the Jubilee on. (A knock-on effect of that is that HIGNFY is displaced to 9:30pm that night.)

Quote: AJGO @ May 19 2012, 4:22 PM BST

:O The Apple!

How do you even do that?! I'm not ashamed to say I attempted that myself (and failed!)

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ May 19 2012, 2:29 PM BST

I am amazed by just how consistently good this show is. (yeah, I finished a sentence on the word 'is', deal with it)

It is rare to find any comedy show, much less a panel show, that can consistently come up with the goods week in, week out. It metaphorically shits on every other panel show.

I was thinking about this. I absolutely agree with everything you say here, and is a part of why it's so much better is because of how comparatively little it's on? They film one series of eight episodes a year, and I can't think of any other panel show that has such a short run - 8 out of 10 Cats seems to come back every few months, Celebrity Juice, Buzzcocks and QI have massive long runs of 13-16 episodes a series, HIGNFY has two runs a series... the fact that they just do 8 shows a series, which can be up to half of what other panel shows do in a year, gives it less of a chance to become stale.

Also, I think the fact that it's open to just about anybody appearing and doesn't have to rely on a small pool of comedians helps a lot - Mack and Mitchell are undoubtedly the stars of the show, but the guests play their part too.

This week's was very good, and the apple was at its core, but its wider appeal is, I think, down to a cast and format that simply gels. The regulars seem to be having fun, and the guests aren't all desperate stand-ups trying to shoe-horn the best bits of their acts into the edit.

Quote: Badge @ May 20 2012, 12:33 AM BST

This week's was very good, and the apple was at its core

Rofl! High five!

If you really rofled at that you should be hired for studio audiences everywhere. I suspect you didn't. What do you think about Would I Lie to You?

So was Raymond lying or not?

To be honest, how many people do you know who have actually rofled. Roflmao seems to me to be particularly unlikely.

It's a lie.

Quote: Badge @ May 20 2012, 1:28 AM BST

To be honest, how many people do you know who have actually rofled. Roflmao seems to me to be particularly unlikely.

It's a lie.

LQQ

:D

Lied quite quintessentially?
Laughed quite quietly?
Let quadriceps quiver?

Quote: AJGO @ May 20 2012, 2:05 AM BST

Laughed quite quietly?

:D Wave