RIP Davy Jones

The Monkees' babyface Brit has died in hospital at the age of 66.

I'm a massive Monkees fan and just wanted to say thanks for all the great songs and the hours of laughter I had, sat infront of the tele watching reruns of the show as a child.

R.I.P. Davey.

Very sad news. The Monkees are very under-rated.

Agreed. I love The Monkees. Sorry to hear this. Hope he knew how much pleasure he'd given to people.

:(
R.I.P.

65 is too young. What a shame, I loved watching The Monkees when I was little (reruns)

Quote: Harridan @ February 29 2012, 6:25 PM GMT

65 is too young.

He was 66, if that's any consolation.

I loved watching the television show when I was a kid.

I had 66 orginally, but the BBC said he was 65. They are wrong though.

Star Collector

Oh what a shame, I loved the monkees.

I wonder what the headline writers will come up with :

Last Train To Heavensville

Loved The Monkees; that theme tune was always so exciting and you knew you were in four half an hour of crazy fun.

The Monkees were huge fun. And the songs were pretty good too. Sad that yet another face from my childhood is gone. RIP Davy.

So sad about this. Had a bit of a crush on him as a small kid. Music was awesome and the TV show was hilarious. Condolences to his family & the other Monkees.

RIP. Echo what everyone else has said.

*Memo to radio producers: it might be better to pay tribute to Davy Jones by playing songs that he sang the lead vocal on rather than a medley with Mickey Dolenz's voice ringing out*

Monkee tributes...

Michael Nesmith

All the lovely people. Where do they all come from? So many lovely and heartfelt messages of condolence and sympathy, I don't know what to say, except my sincere thank you to all. I share and appreciate your feelings. But let's not get ahead of ourselves here. While it is jarring, and sometimes seems unjust, or strange, this transition we call dying and death is a constant in the mortal experience that we know almost nothing about. I am of the mind that it is a transition and I carry with me a certainty of the continuity of existence. While I don't exactly know what happens in these times, there is an ongoing sense of life that reaches in my mind out far beyond the near horizons of mortality and into the reaches of infinity. That David has stepped beyond my view causes me the sadness that it does many of you. I will miss him, but I won't abandon him to mortality. I will think of him as existing within the animating life that insures existence. I will think of him and his family with that gentle regard in spite of all the contrary appearances on the mortal plane. David's spirit and soul live well in my heart, among all the lovely people, who remember with me the good times, and the healing times, that were created for so many, including us. I have fond memories. I wish him safe travels.

Peter Tork

It is with great sadness that I reflect on the sudden passing of my long-time friend and fellow-adventurer, David Jones.
His talent will be much missed; his gifts will be with us always. My deepest sympathy to Jessica and the rest of his family.
Adios, to the Manchester Cowboy.
Peace and love, Peter T.

Mickey Dolenz

Can't believe it...Still in shock...had bad dreams all night long.
My love and prayers go out to Davy's girls and family right now...

Quote: Badge @ February 29 2012, 7:47 PM GMT

*Memo to radio producers: it might be better to pay tribute to Davy Jones by playing songs that he sang the lead vocal on rather than a medley with Mickey Dolenz's voice ringing out*

Yes, this really annoyed me whilst driving home (especially 5Live).

Quote: Badge @ February 29 2012, 7:47 PM GMT

RIP. Echo what everyone else has said.

Indeed. Preferably lots and lots of Daydream Believer, one of the greatest ever songs

Sad news. RIP

Daydream Believer...so sad, RIP Davy Jones.