The really, really nice wimmins thread Page 39

So I think I need a thread where I can go on about wedding stuff, but without joining a hideous bridal forum. I could always bombard this thread. What do you think?

I could start a new one off to keep all the schmultzy stuff hidden away. While you decide here is a nice picture of a filler flower bouquet. I think filler and wildflowers will be quite a big focus of the decor at our nuptuals.

But less pink, I reckon.

Yep, this thread should definitely be used for wedding stuff!

I am defo in favour of flowers that look like you just picked them from a meadow. <3

In little jars and bottles Teary

I like those but without the pink ribbon.

Let's talk dresses!

Quote: Booo @ August 3 2012, 12:24 PM BST

I like those but without the pink ribbon.

Same here. I'm not a very pinky person, really. If I use pinks they will be dusky and pale.

DRESSES! I am fairly non-traditional. Will hunt out the picture I have for inspiration.

Quote: Nat Wicks @ August 3 2012, 12:18 PM BST

In little jars and bottles Teary

Corrr.

Quote: zooo @ August 3 2012, 12:31 PM BST

Corrr.

Also the decor will mainly be old vintage junky bits- old books, luggage, maybe a typewriter.

*cors so much she slips a disc*

This is a dress I saw last year in a magazine. They don't make it any more now so it's just for inspiration.

Alternatively, I might go for a bit more stylised 30s/40s glam. But probably not.

I like the sound of the decor!

A friend had a similar sort of thing going, and she had an old huge birdcage for people to slot their cards into, it worked really well.

Yes, many many birdcages.

I've got a couple and the venue have 3 or 4 I think. I'm also thinking artificial pearls.

That's a nice style for the dress too.

*wants to get married again*

Mmm I like this:

Help- I can't make it work!

Quote: Nat Wicks @ August 3 2012, 12:53 PM BST

Mmm I like this:

http://www.countryliving.com/cm/countryliving/images/CLV0302BES-25-de.jpg" alt="Image">

Help- I can't make it work!

Do you need to change it to a link instead?

Nope, ain't working for me either.
Save the image to a photo hosting place then link it to there instead, maybe. Or don't listen to me, I don't seem to know anymore. :S

And that's very nice!

Can't from my phone. Unless... Okay, give me a minute.

Yay thanks Zooo!