Pramface - Series 1 Page 5

Quote: Aaron @ March 29 2012, 8:00 PM BST

What was so bad about it?

Very slow and seemed like a filler episode almost just to lead up to that 'moment' they share and her moving out. I could handle that if I found it funny, sadly last week I didn't. A couple of humourous moments from the usual cast, oh and the hotel chappy did amuse :) but that was it.

I think the biggest problem with the whole series for me is that I don't really care about them or buy into it as such and I'm not sure why Errr

And I can't help but think of Barry from the Chuckle Brothers when Jamie's dad is on screen :D

Was that Justin Edwards just then? :D

It was, yes. :) https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/pramface/episodes/1/6/

The final episode was warm natured and sweet like most of the series. Will be interesting to see where the next series goes.

I only caught ep 1 and this last one, but liked what I saw. Though in that final ep, I wondered what the friends charity run strand was all about?? I mean, that strand was funny, but why not intergrate them into the main giving birth story rather than have this unrelated side story?

Anyway, seemed like a pretty good show from what I caught.

I'm not sure what some people here are hoping for in new comedy.
It was a well constructed, amusing series with decent acting and some genuine chemistry between the two main characters. All of the supporting cast contributed well and I was genuinely interested to see where it went.
It's not going to change the face of TV comedy but it's certainly better written, acted and produced than about 90% of the pap on TV at the moment.

I can't ever see this show being promoted to BBC2, but I think BBC3 is the right home for it as it is. If only they produced more shows of this quality.

The scenes of them screaming during the birth was trippy and frightening (think it was the camera angle and direction, ha).

I liked it. It was a good little series, and I'm happy that there's more. Just hoping there will be more White Van Man too.

I thought it was quite an enjoyable series, well written and it had some nice moments. I like the bit where Jamie's dad was giving him advice whilst Laura was in labour. It will be interesting to see how they will cope now that they are parents.

Quote: pio231 @ April 1 2012, 3:50 PM BST

I thought it was quite an enjoyable series, well written and it had some nice moments. I like the bit where Jamie's dad was giving him advice whilst Laura was in labour. It will be interesting to see how they will cope now that they are parents.

I agree. I think the second series should be very interesting now the baby has arrived and everything. I expect the next series will be about Laura and Jamie coping with the arrival. I wonder if they'll do the next series like "two months later..." or even "two years later..." to show the baby fully grown into a toddler. That would be very interesting indeed.

I think that they'll save "two years later" in hope of Series 3, 4 and 5! We've had a hint that they now might actually get together romantically, so I'd be surprised if Series 2 starts more than a few months after where S1 left off, at most. But we shall see...

Given the Scarlett Johnson is playing a character 10 years younger than she actually is there's no real reason why they couldn't stretch this to one 10 years older than she actually is so this gives them 20 years post birth to play with.

Quote: Ricardo Wensleydale @ April 1 2012, 10:49 PM BST

Given the Scarlett Johnson is playing a character 10 years younger than she actually is there's no real reason why they couldn't stretch this to one 10 years older than she actually is so this gives them 20 years post birth to play with.

This is a BBC 3 sitcom, so my guess is they won't be jumping ahead too far, they'll want them young still. The whole premise of the show is two very young people who barely know each other finding themselves suddenly with a baby.

Quote: Ben @ March 30 2012, 11:11 PM BST

The final episode was warm natured and sweet like most of the series. Will be interesting to see where the next series goes.

Bringing up the baby?

I enjoyed this overall. At parts it lost a bit with too much drama and the occasionally hacked in plot of the divorcing parents but I liked most the characters and was interested in them. Although, I didn't really care too much for Mike and wannabe girlfriend.

Be happy to see the new series. The lead guy was excellent in this.

Quote: ContainsNuts @ April 3 2012, 3:33 PM BST

Bringing up the baby?

Well, one would assume so!

But will they be living together? Or living in one of their parents' houses? Can't exactly imagine them in some shitty council flat.