Drinks Page 100

Quote: TheBlueNun @ 1st December 2014, 8:29 AM GMT

I think he's a UK standard height for blokes: 5ft 11in. It was hard to tell as I was seated most of the time.

Nah, I know he is over 6'

At an earlier meet I was standing next to him at the bar and we had a discussion about relative heights, because he towered over my 5'6"

Quote: billwill @ 1st December 2014, 5:12 PM GMT

Nah, I know he is over 6'

At an earlier meet I was standing next to him at the bar and we had a discussion about relative heights, because he towered over my 5'6"

As I recall he was wearing Cuban heels and bootcut jeans plus a poncho on the 22nd. This unique combination was recommended as a 'Surefire Pulling Combo' in the October edition of 'He's In Town' magazine.

Quote: TheBlueNun @ 1st December 2014, 5:43 PM GMT

As I recall he was wearing Cuban heels and bootcut jeans plus a poncho on the 22nd. This unique combination was recommended as a 'Surefire Pulling Combo' in the October edition of 'He's In Town' magazine.

Oh dear, not the "Man with no Name" look - thought that went out in the 70s. :O

Quote: TheBlueNun @ 1st December 2014, 5:43 PM GMT

One Sheet ?

Are we planning another Euston/King's Cross/Norf Landan-based jaunt soon or are we all boarding a train from Liverpool Street and heading up to Marc P's/HGT's/Doug's? If so, I'll book a room in the Linton Travel Tavern as I've just invested in a big plate.

So I'm going to be in London soon. Is anyone interested in drinks any date between 30 March- 10 April?
I will definitely be in London those dates Preferably somewhere closish to a tube station and reasonably central. I don't mean it has to be in the middle Leicester Square or Covent Garden but I wouldn't be overly comfortable going out to suburbia at night either.

Anyway if anyone interested let me know...

Saturday 11 April, if that works I'll get on with organising it.

[certain members may be sedated this time....]

Quote: TheBlueNun @ 8th March 2015, 6:14 PM GMT

Are we planning another Euston/King's Cross/Norf Landan-based jaunt soon or are we all boarding a train from Liverpool Street and heading up to Marc P's/HGT's/Doug's? If so, I'll book a room in the Linton Travel Tavern as I've just invested in a big plate.

Looks like Norfolk/Suffolk is out this time as Reds is gonna be in the London area.

There are several of us in East Anglia. I think a summer meet at one of the seaside/village green type places with nearby pub would be nice.

When then organise it Loopey, my maps says everywhere south of Kilburb

"here there be monsters"

Quote: sootyj @ 19th March 2015, 1:55 PM GMT

Saturday 11 April, if that works I'll get on with organising it.

My daughter and her friend will be in London on that date, but I think it's the night before they fly home. Not that I'd trust any of you around her...

Hoo boy Randy, dates getting changed

when are you and your lovely daughter in town?

Remember are weedy firearm laws, so you might need to bring a brick in a sock.

Just realised I miss read that, no Randy alas.

Quote: sootyj @ 19th March 2015, 5:35 PM GMT

Hoo boy Randy, dates getting changed

when are you and your lovely daughter in town?

I won't be making the trip, it'll just be my daughter and her friend. They'll probably be too busy chasing boys that they met in Los Angeles a few months ago, so I doubt they'd have time to meet up anyway.

Quote: sootyj @ 19th March 2015, 4:49 PM GMT

When then organise it Loopey, my maps says everywhere south of Kilburb

"here there be monsters"

I'd be the worst person to organise it. I am unreliable when it comes to such things.

We do have Old Shuck who is a sort of monster so you might be too scared to come.

Praps Herc could organise a shindig in his barn and we could do a bit of dwile flonking in his fields.

Quote: Loopey @ 19th March 2015, 6:40 PM GMT

I'd be the worst person to organise it. I am unreliable when it comes to such things.

We do have Old Shuck who is a sort of monster so you might be too scared to come.

Praps Herc could organise a shindig in his barn and we could do a bit of dwile flonking in his fields.

Me? Farm? I wish. :(