Noel Fielding's Luxury Comedy - Series 1 Page 22

Quote: freddie gagtella @ March 9 2012, 7:53 AM GMT

Those of you who are attacking this show may well have missed the boat on what will undoubtedly be seen as a 'cult' comedy show in the future. Maybe you should make yourselve another cup of cocoa and sit in your armchairs watching the 'safe' sterile comedy-pap served up by the BBC, such as Watson and Oliver.

This makes no sense whatsoever (much like Luxury Comedy), Fielding rose to fame on the BBC.

And to suggest that anyone who attacked the show is only interested in 'sterile comedy-pap' is misguided at best.

Compared to something truly surreal and brilliant, like Tim and Eric's Awesome Show or Flight of the Conchords or Vic and Bob, Luxury Comedy comes off extremely poorly.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ March 9 2012, 1:18 PM GMT

This makes no sense whatsoever (much like Luxury Comedy), Fielding rose to fame on the BBC.

And to suggest that anyone who attacked the show is only interested in 'sterile comedy-pap' is misguided at best.

Compared to something truly surreal and brilliant, like Tim and Eric's Awesome Show or Flight of the Conchords or Vic and Bob, Luxury Comedy comes off extremely poorly.

I think you have to look at it as a work of art in itself, rather than the average comedy show-Salvador Dali probably wouldn't be able to write a good comedy show. I'm surprised it wasn't even nominated for Comedy Sketch Show in the Comedy Awards-the norms ruling the day as usual...

Those of you who are attacking this show may well have missed the boat on what will undoubtedly be seen as a 'cult' comedy show in the future. Maybe you should make yourselve another cup of cocoa and sit in your armchairs watching the 'safe' sterile comedy-pap served up by the BBC, such as Watson and Oliver.

Yes please!

...watching the 'safe' sterile comedy-pap served up by the BBC, such as Watson and Oliver.

They weren't nominated either...

I'm still torn on whether I like Noel Fielding or not... surrealism is fantastic, but I prefer it when there's a context behind it. (ie: I'm with Amstel on this one).

I wonder what a sketch show written by Banksy would be like...

Quote: Tim Azure @ February 12 2013, 1:26 PM GMT

I wonder what a sketch show written by Banksy would be like...

Off the wall?

I'm not a Boosh man, but I like Fielding as himself on panel shows etc. When he was with Brand on Quiz of the Year that time, it was a classic of complete dandy anarchy.

However, this is mostly garbage.

However, I love 'The Adventures of Joey Ramone', and the accent of Secret Peter ("No, but they are outside the shops, by the bush", lol).

It's better when they are in the main 'studio' bit (Pele etc.), where he is almost playing himself, as the sketches are mostly terrible - the worst being that drivel with yellow cop with the knife wound.

Quote: Sinon @ February 12 2013, 2:02 PM GMT

Off the wall?

Well that's a given, probably why I mentioned it.

Maybe it's more to do with an elusive personality...

Quote: Tim Azure @ February 12 2013, 2:25 PM GMT

Well that's a given, probably why I mentioned it.

Ooerr... Ok love!

Was just checking I'd got the joke, probably why I put the question mark.

Quote: Sinon @ February 12 2013, 2:29 PM GMT

Ooerr... Ok love!

Was just checking I'd got the joke, probably why I put the question mark.

Normally have a "..." at the end of my posts when it's a joke.

Tracey Emin, Damien Hirst, etc. Apart from Rolf Harris, it's difficult to think of any modern artist whose work wouldn't be surreal.

Hi guys :D
I've got some sort of question or something c:

In the last episode we can see most of Luxury Comedy characters.
But who is that guy: http://s1.ipicture.ru/Gallery/Viewfull/23120463.html

?

This man is not and never has been funny, hours upon hours he has been gifted and produced nothing but shite!

Quote: Teddy Paddalack @ March 23 2013, 9:35 AM GMT

This man is not and never has been funny, hours upon hours he has been gifted and produced nothing but shite!

Wait, you're right, I've been blind! *Throws Mighty Boosh DVDs in bin, sets fire to bin*

Quote: Alex Bell @ March 23 2013, 6:47 AM GMT

Hi guys :D
I've got some sort of question or something c:

In the last episode we can see most of Luxury Comedy characters.
But who is that guy: http://s1.ipicture.ru/Gallery/Viewfull/23120463.html

?

Someone from the production company with Tut makeup on?