Milton Jones's House Of Rooms Page 2

I found it a bit hit and miss but there were some very funny lines that were worth waiting for. The bit about seeing an ad for charity saying something along the lines of "....a poor boy in Africa has to travel 20 miles for food. Just £15 would by him a bike" "So I sent them £30 and asked them to send one of them back to me".

I think I'll persist with it, just for the nuggets buried within.

Ah, just seen it was a one off pilot! Oh well!

I liked the feel of it along with the sight gags and how it pulled off surreal humour without going too over the top. I also liked how the gasman sub-plot unexpectedly tied with the main plot. If they made a full series I'd watch it to see how it would play out but at the moment I can't see it being a full series, not even for 6 episodes.

Quote: SirPimpinPeacock @ January 15 2012, 4:24 PM GMT

I liked the feel of it along with the sight gags and how it pulled off surreal humour without going too over the top. I also liked how the gasman sub-plot unexpectedly tied with the main plot. If they made a full series I'd watch it to see how it would play out but at the moment I can't see it being a full series, not even for 6 episodes.

I think it has the potential to become a full series.

Also, welcome to the forums Sir Pimpin.

Found this terribly disappointing. It was good that they didn't go down the 'one-liner' route, especially as the ones that were featured mostly fell flat (whereas Milton always makes me laugh with his stand-up) and two whole minutes at the end (never mind elsewhere in the show) of him and the girl not being able to talk to each other is way too much in something with a 23 minute running time.

It did have some good points (and some laughs, thankfully!), but if it gets a series I hope they rethink things a bit.

I think I actually preferred that to his radio series - the constant stream of one-liners can become a bit wearisome, here at least the jokes get space to breathe.

Quote: Timbo @ January 15 2012, 11:08 PM GMT

I think I actually preferred that to his radio series - the constant stream of one-liners can become a bit wearisome, here at least the jokes get space to breathe.

I do zone out when listening to his radio shows sometimes.

Maybe there's not a lot else to Milton Jones other than the one-liners? And that's why this failed, because take them away and you were left with nothing much.

It's a shame though because this does have potential. It just needs another writer to turn it around. We need a Blackadder/Ben Elton moment.

I can imagine this could have (or could) hit its stride a few episodes in.

It was alright. The first half was very slow-going and not many laughs, but the second half was a *lot* better and I laughed lots more.

Seems a bit weird with all the silences after the one-liners. They really need an audience (it works better on the radio), but having everyone else stand there silently whilst tumbleweed, seemingly deliberately, rolls by.

Dan

Very underwhelmed by this. Nothing to really get into. Everything felt out of place.

Sorry chaps, Channel 4 have decided not to pick this one up for a series; shame, I thought it was lovely.

Quote: simon condywust @ January 17 2012, 4:14 PM GMT

Sorry chaps, Channel 4 have decided not to pick this one up for a series; shame, I thought it was lovely.

How do you know this, Simon?

Quote: simon condywust @ January 17 2012, 4:14 PM GMT

Do you have any proof?

I like the title

Wave