Newsjack - Series 6 Page 25

...and it's all over for Week 2! Good luck everyone.

this is the first series when I've actually tried with NJ, I think it will break me if I don't get anything on this series.

Quote: StephenM @ February 28 2012, 5:07 PM GMT

And there's more than a few of us on here who've been invited into BBC HQ on the back of our submissions.

And it stings ever so more (though I'm very glad for everyone on here) that you guys have had that level of success.

I'm pitying myself before the rejection - snap out of it man!

Some better efforts from me this week (IMHO). Still not come up with a sketch yet. I think that I need to structure the way that I do my writing more. Oh, and buy a newspaper.

Quote: StephenM @ February 28 2012, 5:07 PM GMT

Yes! I'm more pleased than I should be that someone else is still submitting Lessons even thought they've never used them in the show. Ever.

They've got to do one one episode, haven't they?
(Just don't mention NewsDog.)

What are lessons?

Quote from the NJ page:

3) Things We've Learned This Week: This is your chance to boil down the week's news into three easy lessons. (Please submit no more than 3 each week).

Quote: DeathbyMonkey @ February 28 2012, 5:38 PM GMT

Quote from the NJ page:

3) Things We've Learned This Week: This is your chance to boil down the week's news into three easy lessons. (Please submit no more than 3 each week).

hmmm so 3 separate news stories that link together or 3 short sketches about different stories?

I took it to mean, take a single story and try and make a short sketch like joke out of it where it builds up to a punch line on the third lesson.

And I took it to mean three short one-liners on the same news story. It's kind of academic as none of us have any idea what the NJ team think it is.

Oh and some bad news for me but potentially some good news for you.

I have a ticket for tomorrow's recording but now can't go. Would anyone like it? If so let us know (PM me) and it's yours.

The Newsjack page is showing an iPlayer link to S6 episode 2!! Surely last week was ep 1 of series 6? Have I fallen into a wormhole?? Please don't tell me I missed a week where I could have submitted something......

No. It's just a mistake. You haven't overslept.

Also - is there a link to last week's web chat? I wasn't able to take part.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4extra/features/newsjack/

Quote: RJ @ February 28 2012, 6:21 PM GMT

No. It's just a mistake. You haven't overslept.

Hoorah! Thanks. Not that I'm paranoid or anything.... :)

Quote: RJ @ February 28 2012, 6:24 PM GMT

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4extra/features/newsjack/

Ah, fab! Thank you! :)

So, did anyone else write about the Haywards Heath branch of Boots? :D

Quote: Feeoree @ February 28 2012, 7:02 PM GMT

So, did anyone else write about the Haywards Heath branch of Boots? :D

I saw your tweet and considered it just to spite you. :P