Newsjack - Series 6 Page 23

Wonder if with one-liners it might be best to go for quality rather than quantity. A someone pointed out above, the heart sinks a little when confronted with too much print.

The newsjack team have said this on webchats too. They also say put your best jokes at the top

Goddammit!

Attempting to move house and swamped with work, so I missed the return of Newsjack, and no time to write anything over the last few months. Maybe I can sneak a few one liners today before the deadline.

Missed you guys though...

Bloody fairweather writers...

Dan

Quote: swerytd @ February 28 2012, 10:53 AM GMT

Bloody fairweather writers...

I have to be, I've got a solar powered typewriter...

Quote: blahblah @ February 28 2012, 10:28 AM GMT

The newsjack team have said this on webchats too. They also say put your best jokes at the top

I was just going to say before pressing send on 15 one-liners I'd read last Friday's web-chat first...

Ahhhhhhhhh, having a complete mind blank one-liners this week even though there are some choice stories that have just come in.

Quote: Feeoree @ February 28 2012, 10:23 AM GMT

15? I just looked and noticed I sent last week's stuff by mistake.

Oh well, if you don't get on the show you can console yourself that you've made at least one person laugh!

I'm being a terrible employee and writing stuff in quiet moments at work. AND it's better than what I wrote this weekend and yesterday.

My brain obviously works better this time of day, as opposed to evening when I do STUPID THINGS.

Quote: Timbo @ February 28 2012, 10:24 AM GMT

Wonder if with one-liners it might be best to go for quality rather than quantity. A someone pointed out above, the heart sinks a little when confronted with too much print.

I'll remember that for next week.

With hindsight, I probably should have cut out the weaker material and submitted a two-page document with about ten one-liners.

*Goes off to read last week's Newsjack webchat*

One liners are in. I decided to stick at 7 since they neatly fit onto a single page.

Thanks again to everyone that gave me feedback last week, I think it really helped. I've tried to take on board everything that was said.

Finally come up with a few corkers, you guys may have some competition this week :P

I've managed to reduce both quantity and quality this week.

It's not the quantity or quality that counts, it's the thought.

Dan

Aww the moment you write a Rebekah Brooks/ police/ horse line because it's not a top story on the BBC, only to change website and see that it's all over Twitter.

That'll teach me for being obvious!