The One... Page 2

The Carrot one was pretty bad too. And I love Rick Wakeman but the song was embarrassing.

I thought Lenny Henry was OK in parts but won't watch Griff because basically I don't think he's ever been funny.

Quote: Lee Henman @ January 18 2012, 3:46 PM GMT

Thought the Griff one was pretty poor to be honest. A few smiles but largely disappointing. Plus what's up with Mel Smith's breathing? He seemed to be blowing an inordinate amount of air out of his nostrils.

Hope he's okay, he sounded quite ill :(

Haven't seen the Lenny Henry one yet.

I did like the bankers sketch with Hugh Bonneville and generally thought Griff's was one of the better shows in this series.

Mel Smith's health has caused concern before. He was on Celebrity Mastermind in 2009 looking very ill, which, it was later explained, was due to pharyngitis (look it up, I had to!). He certainly looks better than he did then.

Griff was pretty much the pick of the bunch, but although the guest stars in the sketches were top notch, you do not get the same chemistry as when playing off a regular partner(s).

I thought Carrott's stand up material was really excellent. He hasn't lost it despite his advancing years. The sketches were a bit duff but thought the stand-up material more than made up for it.

I think they should do another series of this

Quote: G180e @ December 30 2012, 6:24 PM GMT

I think they should do another series of this

One Stanley Baxter?
One Rob Brydon?
One Steve Coogan?
One Carol Cleveland?
One Julie Walters?

The possibilities are endless...