Sue Perkins

Surprised there isn't already a thread devoted to comedienne and light-factual presenter Sue Perkins...

Insufferably awful in every regard, her presence renders any show she appears in, to all intents and purposes, unwatchable/unlistenable.

Discuss.

She was aces in the Supersizers and Light Lunch.

I think she's nice and a proper girly.

"Nice"? Nice?

Have you been sniffing the Copydex during Art Therapy again?

OK, well Sooty's obviously stoned and wrong. Has anyone a less deranged opinion?

What the hell is wrong with nice?

Joyce Grenfell..nice!

Felicity Kendall...nice!

Arthur Askey...nice!

Or does all comedy have to be a miserable Stewart Lee making incomprehensible jokes, about things that ordinary people find incomprehensible. Like politics, what some dead German said and big words.

Is that so much better than Sue self-consciously prancing about in a Medieval conical hat, with a guilty little grin.

She's OK, sometimes pretty witty, a confident performer, and despite being on a lot of shows, I never find her annoying, and I'm not sniffing Copydex. But I am sniffing your mum's pants.

Quote: sootyj @ December 5 2011, 10:22 AM GMT

What the hell is wrong with nice?

Joyce Grenfell..nice!

Felicity Kendall...nice!

Arthur Askey...nice!

Or does all comedy have to be a miserable Stewart Lee making incomprehensible jokes, about things that ordinary people find incomprehensible. Like politics, what some dead German said and big words.

Is that so much better than Sue self-consciously prancing about in a Medieval conical hat, with a guilty little grin.

Nothing wrong with nice. But Perkins clearly isn't nice. She's more smug and over-bearing, garnished with a large dollop of self-regard.

Quote: Tim Walker @ December 5 2011, 10:33 AM GMT

Nothing wrong with nice. But Perkins clearly isn't nice. She's more smug and over-bearing, garnished with a large dollop of self-regard.

I don't see that in her at all. She gives the appearance of engaging with everyone she works with, plus she's useful if you want some building materials. Or is that her brother Travis?

Quote: Tim Walker @ December 5 2011, 10:33 AM GMT

You're clearly jealous of the fact that I find her infinitely more attractive than you.

And would dearly like to "protect her"

Quote: Nogget @ December 5 2011, 10:23 AM GMT

She's OK, sometimes pretty witty, a confident performer, and despite being on a lot of shows, I never find her annoying, and I'm not sniffing Copydex. But I am sniffing your mum's pants.

The second sentence of your post makes me somehow doubt your ability to recognise wit, as alluded to in your first sentence.

She knows a good cake when she sees one, I liked her on The Great British Bakeoff, she's got a lovely voice and I think she looks cool. Go on then, damn me Mr Walker :P

" Large dollop of self-regard" made me laugh.
Thank the lord none of us on here suffers with that!

Except like Adam on Man v Food between shows everyone knows she's actually borderline anorexic vegetarian.

So it's a bit of a fib.

:) She is a gay icon, so that is a plus point, er, she wears nice suits and she is very intelligent about buns. (and kingsmill)

Sue Perkins, Mel Giedroycs favourite brand of cigarettes.

What I found irksome about Mel & Sue was they had the comic timing but no actual comedy material. They would deliver lines as if they thought they were funny but there was nothing there. Smug and talentless is not an endearing combination.

However in recent years I have warmed to Perkins, partly I suspect because it is impossible for anyone to stand next to Giles Coren and not appear personable by comparison, but mainly because I have a bit of a thing for lipstick lesbians...