Airplane or Naked Gun?

I love both but I would just plump for Naked Gun. Leslie Nielsen was brilliant in Airplane as so was Robert Stack, but for me just as in Police Squad I just loved Frank Drebin. Credit also goes to Priscilla Presley, who I thought was excellent in all three films IMO. My personal favourite is 'Smell Of Fear'.

So what is your favourite and why?

Nice beaver! Thanks I just had it stuffed!

I refuse to endorse any film with OJ Simpson
So It's Airplane for me.

Having said that he does get his comeuppance when he gets dragged under that car

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ November 18 2011, 11:50 PM GMT

Shurely you can't be serious?

It has to be Naked Gun. Airplane is funny, but Police Squad is just so incredibly genius and the film as an extention of that series works so beautifully. It is the kind of dry, somewhat subtle comedy I aim for.

"Who are you and how did you get in here?"

"I'm a locksmith...and, I'm a locksmith.

Airplane, just for the gag count. That film is tight.

Naked Gun owes a lot to Airplane.

The Naked Gun, but then I like Airplane too...only one way to find out Shirley :)

Love them both (all) but still prefer Top Secret.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ November 18 2011, 11:50 PM GMT

So It's Airplane for me.

Having said that he does get his comeuppance when he gets dragged under that car

That's no way for a man to die.

Getting caught in the gears of a combine that's the way I want to go.

Just watching Naked Gun on TV right now, reminded me of one of the best lines in any comedy film.

"By the way, I faked every orgasm" - Frank Drebin

Airplane and Police Squad

Quote: Chappers @ November 28 2011, 4:22 PM GMT

Pervert.

The Naked Gun film (1988) was on TV last night and the opening scene has all the "terrorists" in one room arguing about their terrorists plans.

In light of 9/11 it gets just a little bit spooky when the Ayatollah says:

"Gentlemen! Gentlemen!

This is getting us nowhere.

lf we do nothing else this week,we must conceive at least one terrorist act that will show all the world that the United States, the great Satan, is but a paper tiger - a weak nation, a weak people, a people ripe for destruction"

I must admit watching him say that sent a bit of a cold chill down my spine.

I like all of them, my favourite bits are:

Airplane - when the pilot is asking the little kid if he's ever sat on a pilots knee or whatever he says

Police Squad - I like the tall guy who's face is never in the shot. There's one funny bit where half a banana falls down which is genius

And of course the don't call me Shirley gag

Also, I think airplane - the hospital gag - what is it? It's a building with sick people and doctors

Quote: Chappers @ 28th November 2011, 4:22 PM GMT

It had a strong cast, Val Kilmer in particular. But Top Secret and Airplane have dated. So it's got to be Naked gun or Police Squad the serial, because there's more of it and I like the really tall guy out of shot. I use to be really tall.