Have I Got News For You - Series 42 Page 5

Quote: Nogget @ October 29 2011, 6:35 AM BST

What was that about Lee Mack working as a bogus official at a hospital?

I seem to recall this was a thing that was recorded for a series 3 episode of WILTY but got cut. The gist of it was that he bluffed his way into the job for a time but it was just something that involved keeping a register (certainly not doing any actual work).

Why do they still have guest hosts? Any one of the presenters so far would work.

Quote: ellipsis @ November 18 2011, 5:18 AM GMT

Why do they still have guest hosts? Any one of the presenters so far would work.

My guess is the ratings. If you've got a different host every week, there is a chance that a good one could boost the ratings by a significant amount.

Fantastic episode this week, I thought.

Quote: Fi Muretta @ November 25 2011, 10:29 PM GMT

Fantastic episode this week, I thought.

I'm trying to remember who was hosting the week you made this comment-(looks it up) Oh, Dan Stevens from Downton Abbey...

Not sure if this post should be in the new Series 43, but as I can't be arsed to start a new thread, I'll put it here.

Finally got round to watching last night's effort, which should have been re-named Have I Got Old News For You as some of the news stories were two weeks old.

They could have also renamed it - Have I Got Stolen Jokes From 10 O'Clock Live - hell, even my shirtless Red Ken / Putin joke made it in there.

Usual phoned in performances and aside from a bit of unscripted banter between Ian and Paul, was an extremely tedioius, predictable and unfunny affair.

And as usual, these gutless shows are too afraid to talk about really serious topical issues such as Syria, the Sudan, the Trayvon shooting, etc. Meaning that we're treated to tired out jokes about how the Tories are really posh - imagine that, the Tories are posh - wow, what a revelation.

This show needs a serious re-vamp and fast.

Did Paul Merton say something odd and then pull a deadpan stare to the audience?