Have I Got News For You - Series 42 Page 4

Quote: sootyj @ October 24 2011, 1:15 PM BST

It's a bit of a disaster.

It's costing St Pauls £20,000 a day. Which is enough for them to be in real trouble.

Typical protestors like myopic marksman they always hit the wrong target.

Oh I don't know, maybe they've hit the mark without realising it - the Church is very rich, owns huge areas of land and operates on a 'Do as I say, not as I do' basis.

Sounds pretty capitalistic to me ;)

The church is one of the most influential and positive voices for social justice and charity in the country.
It's a motivating force behind the majority of the charities and social welfare institutions in the UK.
It's also the guardian of some of the most historically significant buildings.

It also has funds, mainly to pay for all of these things.

If you throw shit at those who deserve it you're a revoloutinary.

If you throw it at everyone you can see you're a chimpanzee.

And should masturbate in a tyre before you upset someone.

Quote: fasty @ October 24 2011, 6:53 PM BST

Oh I don't know, maybe they've hit the mark without realising it - the Church is very rich, owns huge areas of land and operates on a 'Do as I say, not as I do' basis.

Sounds pretty capitalistic to me ;)

Agree with the general point, but it's not those at the top who are suffering, and it's supposedly a protest against the current banking system not capitalism per se. If budgets are reduced or pay is suspended then it's cleaners, tour guides, reception staff, bursars, accountants, musicians, admin staff, gift shop assistants, etc, etc, etc, and their families who are screwed.

Quote: AJGO @ October 24 2011, 8:14 PM BST

Agree with the general point, but it's not those at the top who are suffering

Ain't that usually the way though when students/tree huggers/poor little rich kids stick their oars in
:)

Quote: fasty @ October 24 2011, 8:51 PM BST

Ain't that usually the way though when students/tree huggers/poor little rich kids stick their oars in
:)

Yup, but was hoping that since this was a protest directly related to an aspect of the current social and economic climate rather than a 'we're embarrassed by daddy's money so gonna smash shit up knowing full well we can pay for lawyers and repairs' occasion, they might actually give some thought to the fact that they're now directly responsible for actual people not being able to work. Silly me.

Quote: Nogget @ October 23 2011, 11:38 AM BST

How did she know that the queues for coffee were made up of protesters? Surely at least a small proportion of the customers were the general public...maybe all of then were. Also, given her propensity for bending the truth to suit herself (as in her words about Liam Fox), why should we believe anything she says?

Of course we shouldn't, she's a politician, Nogget ;-)

Why is HIGNFY shown at 10.35pm?
This is a ridiculous time to watch it!

Quote: Charlie Boy @ October 26 2011, 10:38 AM BST

Why is HIGNFY shown at 10.35pm?
This is a ridiculous time to watch it!

I'm guessing you're watching BBC Scotland? They throw everything around the schedules all over the place, HIGNFY is far from the worst show affected.

Also you can charge your laptops at starbucks.

Albeit at protestors you should fashion your own laptops from mud, poo and sticks.

But not from trees near banks.

Because owning anything made in a capitalist society means you automatically support it completely.

That or you're a big smelly hypocritical poo face.

Not to mention slinking off home at night to sleep on their capitalist Comfydown Majorette dog kennels ;)

Breathing oxygen created by plants in garden centres owned by capitalists!

What was that about Lee Mack working as a bogus official at a hospital?

Quote: fasty @ October 26 2011, 2:30 PM BST

Not to mention slinking off home at night

That particular Telegraph exclusive has been comprehensively debunked.

Link?

http://www.newstatesman.com/blogs/the-staggers/2011/10/thermal-imaging-empty-tents worth also reading the comments from the military scientist in full.

For a more general account of how the camp operates see:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2011/oct/25/occupy-london-part-time-protest