Have I Got News For You - Series 42 Page 2

Ha, true.

Quote: fasty @ October 22 2011, 10:29 AM BST

One point she seemed to be trying to make, unless I mis-heard her, was that you shouldn't be campaigning/protesting against globalisation and at the same time spending your money in Starbucks?

Seems a fair point to me.

It's a false hypothesis. A bit like saying you can't ask the landlord to install a lift if you keep using the stairs to get to your flat.

Quote: Aaron @ October 21 2011, 11:33 PM BST

I won't see this week's episode until Sunday, but have always found her both witty and charming.

*Shudders* She's a classic Tory bitch type - just a bit younger and less corporate. She was rubbish on Newsnight last week as well. Central office might start rethinking how they use her.

I've never paid much attention to Danny Baker but he was a good panellist and played off Merton nicely.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ October 22 2011, 6:14 PM BST

It's a false hypothesis. A bit like saying you can't ask the landlord to install a lift if you keep using the stairs to get to your flat.

Only if you've told the landlord you don't believe in stairs Rolling eyes

Great episode, conservative bimbo wasn't funny or even seemed to get how the show worked.

And as for the assinine remark about Starbucks, good to see Hislop shredding her.

She's been on several times before hasn't she?
Or am I thinking of other panel shows.

Quote: zooo @ October 23 2011, 12:28 AM BST

She's been on several times before hasn't she?
Or am I thinking of other panel shows.

I think she's only been on HIGNFY once.

Pleased I dis- bloody- pare, Just because a bitch is pretty you let the +++t off?

Quote: dellas @ October 23 2011, 7:56 AM BST

Pleased I dis- bloody- pare, Just because a bitch is pretty you let the +++t off?

Give her credit though, she's got the best face that money can buy.

nb Starbucks are also viewed by antigloabalisation types as not being all that rotten.

good pay, pay farmers properly, give staff shares etc

How did she know that the queues for coffee were made up of protesters? Surely at least a small proportion of the customers were the general public...maybe all of then were. Also, given her propensity for bending the truth to suit herself (as in her words about Liam Fox), why should we believe anything she says?

Quote: dellas @ October 23 2011, 7:56 AM BST

She ain't pretty Dellas, She's got one of the worst nose jobs I've ever seen and a chin that could turn over a field of potatoes.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ October 23 2011, 2:29 PM BST

She ain't pretty Dellas, She's got one of the worst nose jobs I've ever seen and a chin that could turn over a field of potatoes.

Laughing out loud

Mensch certainly didn't do very well this week, that's for sure. Given the embarrassing headlines the party's faced in the past fortnight, it was about as good as it possibly could have been, but she did get herself in a bit of a hole on a couple of occasions, as noted above. Not great, but it wasn't the utter slaughter that other politicians have faced in the past.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ October 22 2011, 6:14 PM BST

*Shudders* She's a classic Tory bitch type - just a bit younger and less corporate. She was rubbish on Newsnight last week as well. Central office might start rethinking how they use her.

Highly unlikely. She's performed perfectly well in the past, whereas Warsi continues to be allowed near TV cameras despite having never been anything other than utterly skin-crawling.

Quote: Nogget @ October 23 2011, 11:38 AM BST

How did she know that the queues for coffee were made up of protesters? Surely at least a small proportion of the customers were the general public...maybe all of then were. Also, given her propensity for bending the truth to suit herself (as in her words about Liam Fox), why should we believe anything she says?

It's been widely commented and accepted that a number of shops around the protest area have been doing particularly good business in the past week, opening out of normal hours and selling out of certain stock.

There was a photo going around of the huge queue outside Starbucks with people making the exact point she was, which is presumably what she was referencing. I guess none of the other panellists had seen it so just assumed she was going off on one about coffee.