Dangerous fake email scams Page 15

Marry me chappers

Quote: Oldrocker @ 16th July 2014, 12:36 PM BST

'Truly yours' don't sound right.

Meetup is going to be awkward

FAKE:

Notification Number: 1196980

Mandate Number: LND1196980

###THIS IS AN AUTO NOTIFICATION EMAIL. DO NOT REPLY TO THE SENDER OF THIS EMAIL. IF YOU HAVE A QUERY PLEASE REFER TO THE INFORMATION BELOW ###

This is notification that Land Registry will debit 1805.00 GBP from your nominated account on or as soon as possible before 18/08/2014.

Details of fees that we shall be collecting by direct debit for the applications charged are now available to view.

You can access these by opening attached report.

If you have an enquiry relating to your VDD account please contact Customer Support at customersupport@landregistry.gsi.gov.uk or call on 0844 892 1111. For all enquiries, please quote your key number.

Thank you,

Land Registry
Land Registry is the definitive source of information for more than 23 million property titles in England and Wales. Since 1862 we have provided security and confidence in one of the most active property and mortgage markets in the world. We are working to support economic growth and data transparency as part of the Public Data Group. Find out more at http://www.landregistry.gov.uk

The ineptitude of this one purporting to be from paypal takes the biscuit.

Hello Member !
This is Automatic Message Generated by System To Let you know that you have to confirm your account
your account muse be confirmed because he has been Limited Temporarly
to confirm your account and remove limitation , fellow steps and once your account confirmed he will be work as again
this is option is delivred for all members and 100% secured
The procces doesn't make more than 5 minutes
We are not monotoring this inbox ,
Thanks , PayPal Team

No matter what...........

NEVER EVER action ANYTHING that comes unsolicited via an email, even if it is from someone/company you deal with e.g. PayPal.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 11th September 2014, 10:28 AM BST

The ineptitude of this one purporting to be from paypal takes the biscuit.

Hello Member !
This is Automatic Message Generated by System To Let you know that you have to confirm your account
your account muse be confirmed because he has been Limited Temporarly
to confirm your account and remove limitation , fellow steps and once your account confirmed he will be work as again
this is option is delivred for all members and 100% secured
The procces doesn't make more than 5 minutes
We are not monotoring this inbox ,
Thanks , PayPal Team

Yes but with the standard of English education these days how do you know it's a fake?

Quote: Chappers @ 11th September 2014, 10:19 PM BST

Yes but with the standard of English education these days how do you know it's a fake?

Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud

Peg eight Chappers !

FAKE:

Dear client,

We are pleased to announce that LogMeIn has released a new security certificate.

It contains new features:
• The certificate will be attached to the computer of the account holder, which will prevent any fraud activity
• This SSL security certificate patches the "Heartbleed" bug discovered earlier this year

Download the attached certificate. Update will be automatically installed by double click.

As always, your Logmein Support Team is happy to assist with any questions you may have.

Feel free to contact us by visiting https://secure.logmein.com/contactus/

Thank God they told me in time !

Dear Valued Customer,

We have detected unusual charges to a credit card linked to your account.

Your PayPal account have been limited due to the following reason:

A number of suspicious activities have triggered our security system that shows that an un-authorized user tried to access your PayPal account with malicious intent. To minimize their efforts, we have limited access to your account. We have sent you an attachment containing the necessary steps in order to restore your account to its normal state. Simply download and open it in your web browser.

Please do understand that this is a security measure intended to protect you and your account. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Please do not reply to this email. This mailbox is not monitored by our staff. For assistance, you may log in to your PayPal account and click Help in the top right corner of the home page.

Copyright © 1999-2014 PayPal. All rights reserved.

Just received this one.

TD Canada Trust
Dear Customer

Your password was entered incorrectly more than 3 times,
You can release the hold on your account by visiting any of our branches
or by following our activation link now:

https://easyweb.td.com/waw/idp/login.htm?ecz1n=xxxxxxxxxx

We are sorry for this inconvenience but this is a security measure
which we must apply to ensure your account safety.
If you have already confirmed your information then,
please disregard this message

Yours sincerely
Austin Smith
Digital Fraud Director

Now I've no idea who they are but I did enter my password wrongly three times on a certain site. However it all seems OK now.

So is this a scam?

Looks OK inasmuch as the offer to visit a branch, but like it says - if it is OK now then ignore the email.

I've no idea who TD Canada Trust is though. Too scared to Google it.

I'd say anything that comes from an organisation with which you've no connection, is a scam. I get things about my PayPal account - I've NEVER had one, and from various banks where I've never ever had an account. Possibly worrying that you entered a password elsewhere 3 times but could be coincidence. Maybe Bill will have some advice.

Quote: Chappers @ 20th October 2014, 10:23 PM BST

I've no idea who TD Canada Trust is though. Too scared to Google it.

I did. It looks genuine but that doesn't explain the email.

I just looked it up Toronto bank or something but I've never had any dealings with them.