Not Going Out - Series 5 Page 20

Quote: bubbles1505 @ May 18 2012, 6:25 PM BST

Exactly.. I couldn't agree more. There may not even be a 'Tim' substitute at all, and that's even if this news turns out to be true, which I'm still a little skeptical of.

When this was being reported by the Sun it could theoretically have been a hoax. The British Comedy Guide article states that they have been informed the story is true by Avalon (and that a new male central character will be cast).

I think that with the exception of the first episode, this series has been extremely disappointing. The last two episodes in particular have been virtually laugh free. Sadly, I think it's had its day, especially seeing as Tim Vine wants out.

Aside from Camping, I think that this was the episode I laughed most at this series. I don't know if that was just because I happen to be in an especially good mood today, however.

Yes same here, that was definitely one of my favourite episodes of the series. Really enjoyed that one!

A very strong episode tonight, I thought.

Having to watch it when I can on my laptop but just seen tonight's. Lots of laugh out loud moments while I'm supposed to be working.

If that really was Tim Vine's last ever episode of Not Going Out, it would be a shame as he was barely in it.

A pity they didn't end up sleeping together, as that might have been a good excuse for Vine to be written out.

What else is Tim Vine going to do? It's not as if he is going to be worried about being typecast. His acting range is stretched just doing this.

Loved the last episode. Loved the series. Thank God for its existence! The only low point for me was last week's episode 'Examination' and even then it was enjoyable but just not as laugh out loud as the others.

On a separate note, I got the Series 5 DVD through in the post this morning and the outtakes were hyterical. You can just tell how well they all get on. It's such a pity about Tim. This foursome was definitely the best line up yet.

I got the cash for the Series 5 DVD taken out of my account today, but the DVD hasn't turned up yet, did you order it from Amazon?

Waiting for my DVD to arrive from Amazon too. Hopefully Monday. Glad to hear the outtakes are good, that's the bit I'm looking forward to watching the most! :)

Quote: Tursiops @ May 19 2012, 8:36 AM BST

What else is Tim Vine going to do? It's not as if he is going to be worried about being typecast. His acting range is stretched just doing this.

He isn't really an actor - in fact none of them are except the parents.

Quote: Bronwinning @ May 19 2012, 5:29 PM BST

I got the cash for the Series 5 DVD taken out of my account today, but the DVD hasn't turned up yet, did you order it from Amazon?

Play.com

Quote: Chappers @ May 19 2012, 6:23 PM BST

He isn't really an actor - in fact none of them are except the parents.

Erm... I think you mean all of them are except Lee and Tim, Katy Wix and Sally Bretton are certainly comic actors.

As for the question what else is Tim going to do? Well apart from his stand up, appearing in Panto at Christmas, his tours and his Edinburgh chatshow which he's also touring around the UK, I should think he'll be sitting around waiting for the phone to ring...

Quote: Tony Cowards @ May 20 2012, 2:02 AM BST

... I should think he'll be sitting around waiting for the phone to ring...

You mean he will be Not Going Out?