Not Going Out - Series 5 Page 18

I don't know whether to love or hate it. It has moments of genuine hilarity and then really f~cking stupid moments that make me want to suffocate myself with a pillow. I think it was better when Miranda was in it, she was stupid but not as over the top as Tim's girlfriend, who ruins the show for me.

I genuinely can't work out why so many people wish Miranda Hart was still in the show. Yes, she was a brilliant character, a pity she moved on and Miranda is a wonderful comic actress. But I think the current foursome format works perfectly. Case in point.. the clown episode with just the four of them in, was for me, one of the best they've ever done.

I think having too many main characters means that each week someone will miss out on the screen time, and personally I'm glad to see Katy Wix's Daisy given an equal part in the show.

But then I'm naturally biased, because I love the show so much :D

I felt this was the weakest one of this series, felt a little like a government health video. Shame, last weeks was top notch.

The man in the sauna who dropped his towel for Lee and Tim? Sometime BCG member Greensville!

:O

I thought I recognised him from other TV stuff too, but not sure what.

Quote: zooo @ May 12 2012, 6:35 PM BST

:O

I thought I recognised him from other TV stuff too, but not sure what.

Grumpy Guides, several Adverts, Ep1 of Sherlock; he gets around!

Ooh blimey, go him!

Funny enough but the premise was a bit of a stretch for half an hour. I think that was the problem with the previous episode too. Like I said, it had enough laughs to satisfy but once Lee was in the doctor's office and contrived a way to leave without being examined I felt it got a bit tedious.

Actually the premise was a very good one, so maybe it was the plotting? Feels churlish to complain, really, seeing as this is still one of the best sitcoms currently running.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ May 12 2012, 6:45 PM BST

Grumpy Guides, several Adverts, Ep1 of Sherlock; he gets around!

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1746538/

No! No! No! No! Terrible news. Tim Vine has quit! https://www.comedy.co.uk/news/story/00000821/tim_vine_leaves_not_going_out/

:O:O:O

Nooooooooooo!

I remember this rumour circulating last year. Looks like it's actually happening this time. I wonder if it means Katy Wix is going too? Urgh! This sucks.

So I take it tonight's episode will be Tim's last then? :( :( :(

I suppose it will be interesting to see what new characters they bring in.

But Tim will be massively missed! I wonder how they will end up explaining the character leaving.

So fed up by the news, I'm going to use one these face things for the first time... :(

I don't care if it turns out to be one of the most excruciatingly implausable, gear grindingly contrived pieces of plotting known to sitcom, they have to keep Daisy in the show.

Disappointing news. However, the show has become a little less focussed on Lee and Tim in the past few series so I'm not writing it off yet. As long as Sally's still around...

Nevertheless...