The Sitcom Mission 2012 Page 68

Quote: evan rubivellian @ March 5 2012, 11:48 AM GMT

Actually stress can raise blood pressure and increase the risk of heart attack.

What are you trying to do? Kill off all your competition?!? :D

More likely, though, it will cause anxiety, lack of concentration, low self
esteem, lack of faith in what you're doing and an inability to focus on the work they have to do. That's not good for writing.
So it depends how you choose to look at it... is it an opportunity or a chore?
Take your pick.

Yes. Enjoy the stress.

Meanwhile good luck with the rewrites all. If there is to be some.

Oh dear!

We had a really good meeting with Hat Trick yesterday. All looking good.

We also went to look at the preview venue. The finals and semis are going to be at the New Diorama as before, but the early shows are upstairs in a fabulous pub that Dec managed to get hold of. A really big space with a good acoustic and seating for around 80.

And proper beer.

Good luck to everyone!

Hello there. How much does it take to receive the feedback? I paid for it like 1 week ago but nothing happened yet.

Thanks.

Quote: hiddenul @ March 11 2012, 7:39 AM GMT

Hello there. How much does it take to receive the feedback? I paid for it like 1 week ago but nothing happened yet.

Thanks.

We're working through them now. You'll have yours in the next few days.

Someone asked this last year but here it is again... out of the longlist, which titles seem most interesting? My vote is for 'Jumpers' and I'm going to assume it's about complex suicidal characters rather than winter wear.

Rubbish.

In 2012 clearly jumpers is about the stunning rivals bidding to win a place on the Team GB women's high jump team.

Cover both eventualities: I have a £5 bet on it being about a suicidal high jump team.

"Postdocs" is probably single-hander about a desperate writer's growing frustration at being unable to upload his latest script to a sitcom competition. :)

And Plan C was based on the partnership's last ditch idea to have a foursome with Simon & Declan after being rejected the previous two years. And it worked.

7 writing partnerships out of the successful 32, all male. Hmm, yet more proof that they bring results in sitcom, interesting.

But I wish they'd take the list down now, how much gloating do those smug bastards want? Wave Hello up there again, from way down here. Angry

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ March 12 2012, 7:37 AM GMT

7 writing partnerships out of the successful 32, all male. Hmm, yet more proof that they bring results in sitcom, interesting.

Well, proof that being male pays dividends in this particular competition.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ March 12 2012, 11:24 AM GMT

8 single female writers in that list, that's a third of all single writer entrants, not bad going for a top sitcom comp. Last year's winners were a female partnership, so again, a big endorsement of the mystical power of sitcom writing partnerships. Never tried one, but I'd probably like to give it a go, to see how their strange magic works. A purely on line/email based partnership maybe, so no actual punches can be thrown. Hmm...

Sorry if I'm being dumb but can last years script be found anywhere?
I wouldn't mind taking a look at it.

Quote: Tobysarse @ March 13 2012, 10:02 AM GMT

Sorry if I'm being dumb but can last years script be found anywhere?
I wouldn't mind taking a look at it.

It's under option, so not sure what the rules are about making it public. I'll check with the authors and production company.