All of the Summer Wine?

Hello everybody

I was planning on buying the separate LOTSW Playback-boxsets but an all-encompassing box-set would of course be nicer. (Albeit quite expensive .:S)

With having seen its final conclusion last year, is there any chance that a complete collection of the series will be released?

Thanks,
Frederick

Going on past Universal Playback releases, it would shock me if they didn't issue a complete Last Of The Summer Wine collection.

Thank you for your reply, Aaron.
I'm still in doubt whether or not to buy LOTSW-series (so many sitcoms still on my wishlist), so I might as well wait a while to see if they come up with a complete collection. It would probably be something 40+ discs, right? Would/will probably cost a small fortune :$

Cheers
Fred

Well they're already up to 32 discs, having released Series 1 - 20 of 31. The episodes-per-series did vary though; I'd expect something a little over 50 in total.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B004PAKCRM/comedyguide-21/

When is Series 25 & 26 coming out??? Universal Playback are really slow at releasing them

It's not currently scheduled. Universal Playback are a terribly slow company, but it should come up at some point.

Quote: Aaron @ February 15 2013, 8:45 PM GMT

It's not currently scheduled. Universal Playback are a terribly slow company, but it should come up at some point.

I know, they must sleep all year and decide to do some work about once a year. :P

Such a shame they completely screwed up the Series order - not untypical of Universal-Playback

Quote: AlanC @ February 15 2013, 8:47 PM GMT

Such a shame they completely screwed up the Series order - not untypical of Universal-Playback

I know the buggered up the numbering, as is all too often the case, but have they actually been chronologically incorrect?

Quote: AlanC @ February 15 2013, 8:47 PM GMT

Oh I know , that annoyed me! Angry I could do a better quicker job at releasing them than Universal Playback

Quote: Aaron @ February 15 2013, 8:49 PM GMT

I know the buggered up the numbering, as is all too often the case, but have they actually been chronologically incorrect?

No they have just taken liberties with what constitutes a series - as was the case with Brush Strokes and Hi-de-Hi! If it fits their idea of releasing a box set that contains 2 series then they have no hesitation to split a 12-13 episode series in to two separate ones, confuse historians and ignore broadcasting history!

Why are Universal Playback been painfully slow at releasing series 25-32? You'd think they would chuck them all out this year to get it over and done with. Obviously not! I really want the others to finish off my LOTSW collection.

As Aaron said they're a really slow company. In about 4 or 5 years time they will release a full box set for about 150 pound.

Quote: David Smith @ March 24 2013, 6:34 PM GMT

As Aaron said they're a really slow company. In about 4 or 5 years time they will release a full box set for about 150 pound.

Yes but at the pace they are going. The people who want it will be dead! Smarmy