Stewart Lee Page 21

No, you misunderstood. It is, instead, a way to rip off fans before the 2nd Edition of the original book is published "INCLUDING NOW THE SUBSEQUENT SHOW!"

Dan

Quote: swerytd @ November 9 2011, 10:31 AM GMT

No, you misunderstood. It is, instead, a way to rip off fans before the 2nd Edition of the original book is published "INCLUDING NOW THE SUBSEQUENT SHOW!"

Dan

Stop trying to get quoted in Stew's next press release you dreadful slut.

Hey, it's not like I said:
"Stewart Lee is a massive fat, farty, cock-headed, insipid, droning old minge-barber!"
is it?

Oh dear...

Dan

Quote: Joey Moose @ August 18 2011, 12:43 AM GMT

Any reason why they removed the jolly opening titles for Series Two of 'Comedy Vehicle'? I always found them quite amusing, because they were so at odds with Lee's persona.

By the way, anyone seen this on The Daily Telegraph's website? (posted earlier this evening)

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/culture/guystagg/100055505/save-us-from-left-wing-comedy-snobs-%E2%80%93-and-especially-stewart-lee/

To quote my own reply from underneath the article...

I love Top Gear, yet Stewart Lee is one of my favourite stand-up comedians on the circuit. Go figure.

Maybe I'm one of those rare people who are capable of appreciating Stewart Lee's comedy, but who also doesn't take it so seriously that they feel the need to attack his routines based purely on incongruous conclusions. For the record, I laugh at Lee's comedy because I think it's hilarious, innovative and ridiculously well executed. He's not a dictator, he's just a very forward-thinking and honest comedian. He isn't forcing anyone to attack observational comedy (such as the kind practiced by Michael McIntyre) and at the same time he isn't challenging people's perceptions about comedy either. To me, there just seems to be a complete failure of understanding on the part of Lee's critics, a failure to grasp what Lee is trying to convey.

Truth be told, the only 'snob' in this case is Guy Stagg himself.

Not bright to judge someone on a mere photo, but Mr Stagg doesn't look like someone who got a job on the Daily Telegraph through a meritocratic process of talent selection.

Snob, now that's a good word to describe Stewart Lee. C*nt sums him up even better though.

Quote: Dr Sanchez @ November 14 2011, 11:33 AM GMT

Snob, now that's a good word to describe Stewart Lee. C*nt sums him up even better though.

Rolling eyes

Quote: Matthew Stott @ November 14 2011, 1:18 PM GMT

Rolling eyes

Rolling eyes

Rolling eyes

Article for The Observer re: comic bravery: http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2011/nov/13/stewart-lee-comedy-offensive-gervais

Dan

Lee evidently not "brave" enough to actually just come out and call Gervais a c**t.

Does Stewart Lee do anything else other than slag off fellow comedians?

Quote: Dr Sanchez @ November 15 2011, 10:53 AM GMT

Does Stewart Lee do anything else other than slag off fellow comedians?

Yes, he does loads of gigs, new hour every year, his own TV show, amongst other things.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ November 15 2011, 10:59 AM GMT

Yes, he does loads of gigs, new hour every year, his own TV show, amongst other things.

I've seen them. They're full of material slagging off other comedians.

Quote: Dr Sanchez @ November 15 2011, 1:06 PM GMT

I think you'll find that there is actually quite a lot of stuff beside that. Basically, you don't like his work and I do; great.

Quote: Dr Sanchez @ November 15 2011, 1:06 PM GMT

Laughing out loud

The McIntyre-bashing did go on too long. He is a funny guy though, I'd like to see him live.