The Comedian Hall of Shame Page 2

He's an odd one, old Gorman.

My Name Is.....was just brilliant at the time, but his follow ups are awful.

Googlewhack was an ace show, I thought.

Was it My Name Is Dave Gorman or Are You Dave Gorman.......???

Genius is tedious as hell.

I've not really formed an opinion on a lot of comedians, as has been mentioned, it may be better to judge them on their solo routines. I am surprised to find a number of TV presenters are actually comedians. Their own input must end up on the cutting room floor.

Quote: TopBanana @ May 1 2011, 10:37 PM BST

Was it My Name Is Dave Gorman or Are You Dave Gorman.......???

Are You Dave Gorman? was the stage show, The Dave Gorman Collection was the TV show.

Many comedians are sharing the same material presently. Its delivery & likability make them stand out. I think Dave Gorman's a nice guy, but not that funny. I can't abide Gervais. Very, very lucky boy in my opinion.

Quote: BuryBob @ May 3 2011, 4:17 PM BST

Many comedians are sharing the same material.

That's not really true though is it? I think you mean are talking about similar topics and covering shared opinions. And you would be right. But using someone else's material on today's circuit is an absolute career killer. It's not like the old WMC days when plagariam was an accepted part of the game, and there was a 'pool' of shared material.

Russell Brand.

Shit. Shit with a capital SHIT.

I don't care for RB either. Not one jott. I do like him in occasional acting roles (he was EXCELLENT in Get Him To The Greek), but I really don't get his stand up career at all.

His written stuff is poor, but his R2 shows with Noel Gallagher are excellent.

Quote: Nat Wicks @ May 3 2011, 7:40 PM BST

I don't care for RB either. Not one jott. I do like him in occasional acting roles (he was EXCELLENT in Get Him To The Greek), but I really don't get his stand up career at all.

I thought he was poor in that. He was good on Big Mouth though.

And DFC.

Oh, Stewart Lee reminded me the Mighty Boosh probably belong in here as well.

Quote: Nat Wicks @ May 3 2011, 7:40 PM BST

Acting? I'd say that's even worse than his stand up - he can't do anything other than "the Russell Brand" performance, exactly the same thing in every film he's done. And I just can't listen to him for more than about 30 seconds without wanting to break something - his stand up could be very good, but when it's impossible to get over the presentation and performance, I just don't care.