The Comedian Hall of Shame

I thought I'd start a thread for people's least favourite comedians. The worst to my mind at the moment are Jack Whitehall, Rufus Hound and Chris Addison, they truly belong in a hall of shame to my mind.

I agree with all but the middle one. Only seen Hound on panel shows and kids' TV so I don't really know what his stand up act is like, but he's definitely been funny on these shows and he makes an effort, so I quite like him. I would have to replace him with Russell Howard for my three. It absolutely staggers me that people pay money to go and see him doing his 'turning up without a single joke, but if I ramble on about inane daily liitle things and mention my girlfriend every ten seconds then the females in the audience will love me', routine.

Hound is crap.

I used to hate Addison, but he won me over as he is very funny on his Five Live Sunday morning show.

I hate Al Murray and Steven K Amos purely because they are stealing a living due to the fact they are both about as funny as trapping your scrotum in your fly zip.

Hound.

Al Murray.

K Amos.

Joan Rivers.

Jo Brand.

And the worst?

Patrick 'Paddy' Kielty.

He's hugely popular, had a very long and succesful career, is cited by many comedians, including ones I really like, as a major influence, but I've never really laughed at Billy Connolly. Just doesn't do it for me, personally.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ April 30 2011, 4:09 PM BST

He's hugely popular, had a very long and succesful career, is cited by many comedians, including ones I really like, as a major influence, but I've never really laughed at Billy Connolly. Just doesn't do it for me, personally.

Agree 100000%

Never understood the appeal.

:|

Al Murray is brilliant. You're probably just hudging him on his Pb Landlord character.

The one I can't stand is that bloke with the stupid hair who once appeared on Never mind the Buzzcocks. Can't even remember his name.

Simon Amstell? Good call!

Quote: Vader @ April 30 2011, 4:33 PM BST

Simon Amstell? Good call!

No. zooo knows who because I think she liked him.

I saw Simon Amstell live recently; he was brilliant. And no, he wasn't doing gags about pop stars and celebs, his stand up is very different to his TV hosting. Much more personal.

Quote: Chappers @ April 30 2011, 4:32 PM BST

The one I can't stand is that bloke with the stupid hair who once appeared on Never mind the Buzzcocks. Can't even remember his name.

Paul Foot? Agreed.

Quote: lofthouse @ April 30 2011, 4:22 PM BST

Agree 100000%

Never understood the appeal.

:|

Yep he's simply not a funny person...

Michael McIntyre.

Quote: Nil Putters @ April 30 2011, 4:48 PM BST

Paul Foot? Agreed.

Paul Foot is great!

Dave Gorman's a bit pooey.