Seinfeld

I've never seen it, but I've heard good things about it. But, is it really one of the best sitcoms of all time? and, is it worth the money to buy the DVDs?

Thanks for any responses.

Yes.

Yes.

Splendid comedy. Simple everyday things with plots that weave into each other brilliantly. Proving once again you don't need to swear to make a classic sitcom.

Never seen it??? (GETS BACK UP OFF FLOOR) If you consider yourself a fan of Television comedy then its essential you see Seinfeld! It simply doesnt get any better. George is the greatest sit-com character of all time!

I love George "Can't stand ya" Costanza. One of the greatest characters of all time.

'Believe it or not, George isnt at home; where could he be?'

No, it is not the best.

Cheers for that.

Quote: oddjob @ June 10, 2007, 6:37 PM

I've never seen it, but I've heard good things about it. But, is it really one of the best sitcoms of all time? and, is it worth the money to buy the DVDs?

Thanks for any responses.

Yes, it's good, but nowhere near the best IMO. Decidedly average, if I'm honest.

As for DVDs, with the prices we pay I'd strongly advise you to download, YouTube, or indeed borrow before purchasing.

Average?!?! Average?!? I always find it odd if someone who evidently has a love of comedy doesnt, in turn, love Seinfeld; its full to the brim with great characters and writing and is endlessly re-watchable. Still, comedy is subjective I suppose. Though where Seinfeld is concerned, I dont think it should be!!! Serenity now! Serenity now!!!

I didn't say it didn't have great characters or wasn't rewatchable... It's just nothing special for me. Good, but nothing so outstanding that I'd buy it, for example.

I think that's extremely high praise from Aaron for an American comedy.

Actually, I'm surprisingly tolerant!

Possibly the best sitcom of all time. Just superb, a fan of comedy has to be a fan of Seinfeld in my book, just magnificent writing, brilliant characters, smart plots and most importantly very very funny. It is best to start from the beginning and although Season 1-3 have some great episodes its from Season 4 onwards where it becomes a classic with every episode just getting better and better, a truly masterful and amazing sitcom.

The Virgin Megastore near me have them in a sale, you can buy the Season 1-3 boxset for £17. So might be worth checking out your local Virgin Megastore.