Carpool

Couldn't find a thread for this show - Robert Llewellyn chatting to his comedy chums in his car. (Stephen Fry, Graham Linehan, Adrian Edmondson to name a few) I've not seen the series yet so I was pleasantly-surprised to find them all up on YouTube here: http://www.youtube.com/user/carpoolUK

Got some catching up to do! :)

I've been watching for a while online and it's great.

You can also watch on itunes.

I helped set up one with Hans Teeuwen (Dutch comedien) which went viral over in The Netherlands so that was pretty cool. :) He was really funny.

Yeah, I really like it.
I've missed a few though. I've watched it more online. It didn't really have much publicity on the telly, I kept forgetting it was on. :(

Takes the cliche "I had so and so in the back of my cab" to another level. I genuinely liked it.

Robert does the interviews very well, sort of makes me wish he was interviewing people for longer and not inside a car.

But surely the whole being inside a car and the innocence of the way it's filmed is the whole selling point. I love it's so simple and how it's just quite natural. Robert Llewellyn is a genuinely nice guy and I think it shows.

I thought this thread was for a Brummie infant medication

Seen a couple, not bad, hardly essential viewing though.

I've downloaded the YouTube vids and ripped the audio from them to listen to on me iPod when I'm out walking the dog. I listened to the Stephen Fry one tonight, it was quite interesting. (pun intended). To be honest these are sort-of like visual podcasts anyway aren't they? Vodcasts I believe the young people call them these days. *lights pipe, and shakes head in bemusement*

Quote: sootyj @ February 7 2011, 3:21 PM GMT

I thought this thread was for a Brummie infant medication

:D That joke almost worked, Soots!

Quote: EllieJP @ February 7 2011, 2:35 PM GMT

I love it's so simple and how it's just quite natural. Robert Llewellyn is a genuinely nice guy and I think it shows.

He really does come across that way doesn't he? You can't help but like him. Even if he does drive a Prius!!

(actually I'd love a Prius and was only saying that to appear cool) Whistling nnocently

Quote: Lee Henman @ February 8 2011, 1:00 AM GMT

He really does come across that way doesn't he? You can't help but like him. Even if he does drive a Prius!!

(actually I'd love a Prius and was only saying that to appear cool) Whistling nnocently

I think the innocence is the appeal. And I like that it works audio only also.

Not on a car and for longer I mean as a compliment, but Rob would make a great interviewer. He's not as ego driven as Wossy and others and you would get more insight. (i can recommend his book , "Man in the rubber mask" he certainly comes across as a nice and extremely funny guy)

Quote: don rushmore @ February 7 2011, 9:53 PM GMT

Seen a couple, not bad, hardly essential viewing though.

Pleased I agree, would improve viewing if he was dressed as 'Kryton', and acted like him.

Quote: Lee Henman @ February 8 2011, 1:00 AM GMT

I've downloaded the YouTube vids and ripped the audio from them to listen to on me iPod when I'm out walking the dog.

Good idea that.

I really love this show, whenever I feel down, this is what I watch. Robert Llewellyn is such a nice, funny guy, it's refreshing to see a natural conversation rather than an interview. My favourite is the Tim Vine one, although Ade Edmondson (his quick comeback about spelling his name with an O instead of a U really made me chuckle) comes in a close second.

Apparently Robert has recorded an episode with Stephen Mangan and has plans to do more. I met him at a convention recently as he is as lovely in person as you would expect, more than happy to chat.

Great format and an interesting show. However in the ones I watched, RL seemed to bark out quite a few forced laughs.