That Sunday Night Show

It's a reflection of just how jaw-droppingly, arse-achingly stultifying this Adrian Chiles-fronted satire/panel show is that, a full 3 weeks after the first show was broadcast, there still isn't a thread on here about it.

However, it's important to have one, if only so future historians will be able to read the archives and see exactly what ITV was wet farting at its audience during the last days of 21st Century civilisation, as the Middle East was in turmoil and Western Capitalism teetered on the brink.

ITV were broadcasting a show where a man who looks like he should be a rising star in telesales, instead was put behind a desk in a TV studio and instructed to try and read jokes from an autocue, about subjects he knew little, whilst avoiding crying at the unfairness of it all. He would then be joined by some minor celebrities to conduct the kind of strained light-hearted small talk you normally encounter at a wake held in a pub after the funeral of a teenage heroin addict.

EDIT: It's so unmemorable this show, that I've not even been able to recall the name correctly. It should, of course, be That Sunday Night Show. Mods to amend thread title, please. ;)

Quote: Griff @ January 30 2011, 1:38 AM GMT

Did they learn nothing from Get A Grip?

That album by Aerosmith? Huh?

*re-Googles*

Oh Christ, I'd forgotten all about that... :(

"They shall not grow old as we grow old..."

This is the sort of thing I would have watched when there were only three or four channels & nothing else on.
If I do watch this it will because it happens to be on & I can't find the remote

oi Belton did Friday night live!

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ January 30 2011, 1:58 AM GMT

it happens to be on & I can't find the remote

"Congratulations, Mr Sunshine, you are part of ITV's key demographic! You may have already won tickets to be in the audience for the next recording of Paddy McGuinness' Take Me Out! (Free lobotomy and pubic lice screening for every lucky winner.)"

My lice are never public.

Bugger. :(

Of course, you didn't quote me, so I can always go back and... Smarmy

Quote: sootyj @ January 30 2011, 2:00 AM GMT

oi Ben Elton did Friday night live!

He did indeed. And he wrote Maybe Baby. And We Will Rock You :)

...and Blessed.

Quote: Tim Walker @ January 30 2011, 2:21 AM GMT

Bugger. :(

Of course, you didn't quote me, so I can always go back and... Smarmy

I SAW IT.

I read 'pubic' and 'public' anyway... :/

That Sunday Night Show. Yeah. I dunno, it's a bit closer to what 10 O'Clock Live seems to want to be, than 10 O'Clock Live actually is. It's an alright show, certainly nothing special or particularly funny. But it passes the time pretty inoffensively. I'd rather watch it than a handful of other recent TV programmes.

Quote: Aaron @ January 30 2011, 4:32 PM GMT

I'd rather watch it than a handful of other recent TV programmes.

Praise indeed.

I'm with Aaron on this. I don't mind it but it certainly isn't laugh yourself silly stuff. Just an easy 30 minutes and does pretty much what it says on the tin.

I feel a bit sorry for Chiles (not that he needs my sympathy with what he earns) inasmuch as he's suffering the fate that others have done down the years after having left the Beeb. He is seen in some circles as a bit of a traitor and due his comeuppance. Oh yes! And the boot goes in hard and often. There's many a one out there in TV Land wants to see Daybreak go tits-up for this very reason I suspect.

I'm getting a bit bored with all the faux outrage about the two idiot sports commentators.

I'm watching it now!
I actualy used that bit at the bottom & top of the threads.
It didn't help as it told me when it's on next week , but I did look.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/3416503/Fury-at-Adrian-Chiles-c-word.html

ITV viewers shocked by the use of the 'C' word... Presumably that's the word "culture"...? Pleased