Attempting to start open-mic night in Bristol Page 5

Hi guys,

Work been manic and rehearsals been taking my time up.

See you there hopefully from 2100.

Com say hi. Im 6'6'' and have long sleeved grey top on. Can't miss me.

S

So here at the Cider House and loads of people have turned up and are doing it anyway...

Did some stand up at the Cider House last night and would really recommend it. Really lovely, friendly place :)

How many people were in crowd?

Hi,

There must have been about 25 people that were there when I got on and bombed lol. Doesn't sound a lot but it is physically small venue and felt busy.

There was about 40 people at the start of the night but that dwindled as some of the 6 performers before me left with their friends etc.

I am glad I did my first gig and will post on YouTube once I can get a chance.

Downside about the venue was that there was no mic or stage but as I said small venue so not overly necessary. Upside, great cider and friendly crowd (and I mean really friendly, they were polite enough to laugh despite my very risky offensive material).

Do it if you get a chance.

S

Aw thanks for reply. Yeah I will try to go and maybe peform for next time.

hi guys!

I am Ant by the way who was third on and a good friend of Holly who stood in and compered for us on the night. Lots of the people there were friends of ours who are a polite bunch for sure!

It was a good night anyway, hopefully will do it again soon, personally I forgot quite a few of my funny lines possibly due to lack of rehearsal but happy to get the first one out of the way.

I am interested in doing the White Bear venue next Thursday - have emailed them but no response, is it just a turn up on the night?

A friend of mine mentioned the Cube on Saturday nights too, will try and find more information and will post it.

Hi Ant - I thought it ironic that a teacher had his set written on his wrists... I was going to do a gag about it.

Ed at The White Bear is generally a bit slow at replying to PMs - I think that's just because he doesn't haunt the site as much as we - I wouldn't worry too much. It's a booked evening rather than turn up on the night.

For The Cube, Marian there has posted her details on the forums. There's a session this Saturday. I emailed her in the week, but no reply yet...

Jack

Hi guys, I have done a couple of open mics over at The Arts House (every Thursday), which is very friendly and cool, only a little more poetry and music based. Its a good spot though. I contacted Marian at the Cube and Ed at the Wardrobe. According to Marian this Saturday is fully booked, but there are spots for the next one in June, so I booked myself in. In the Wardrobe (above the White Bear) they do it every two weeks and when I emailed them they told me they are full up for next couple of weeks, but its worth coming as an audience member and have a chat with the gig runner. Thats what I'm gonna do next week. Anyway, it would be cool to do something together, maybe organize straight up comedy open mic, talk to the venues, promote the f**k out of it on facebook and twitter. I'm gonna have a chat with guys at The Arts House, see if they're interested. Let me know what do you think guys. Ussss

I'm in.

Hi,

I will see if I can juggle some things around. Sounds great.

I'm going to Bristol Comedy Box, Bedminster (Hen & Chicken) tonight to watch some pro's and conduct research.

Cheers,

S

I'm unexpectedly on stage at The Wardrobe, Bristol in about an hour. Anyone remember any of my jokes...?

Jack - saw you at the Wardrobe in Bristol last night. Very good. Slick - despite getting hijacked :-)

Cheers Paul - was a last minute thing so was quite pleased.

Was on at The Gilded Guinea last night - good experience playing to a small room who are only there for the music - I'd recommend it - really tests your nerve ("Huh? 'Tumble weed'? I don't get it...").

Hi everyone, has anything come from the joint effort to start a stand up night, as mentioned above?