Mrs. Brown's Boys - Series 1 Page 12

One thing that annoys me is when the actors laugh, it's a bit unprofessional.

I quite like the asides that Mrs. Brown does to the camera. There's a healthy dose of outrageousness in the show.

I would like to see Mrs Brown team up with Graham Linehan for a bit of craic just to see what nonsense they could come up with.

Thanks to a clip posted on Facebook, I found this show and from what I see - I love it! I'll definitely look up the episodes online and hope I'm able to view them all.

The corpsing is great especially with Mrs Brown and the daughter who is Brendan O'Carroll's wife.

I understand this show is seen as utterly vulgar in the more genteel districts of Dublin. But what is their problem with it exactly?

Quote: youngian @ October 3 2011, 2:15 PM BST

I understand this show is seen as utterly vulgar in the more genteel districts of Dublin. But what is their problem with it exactly?

... That it's vulgar. Presumably.

This is the funniest sitcom I have watched in years. Me and hubby laughed till we cried...hilarious.

Quote: chipolata @ January 5 2011, 10:13 PM BST

Well, except for American stuff obviously.

I live in the USA and would rather watch a BBC Sitcom anytime. There might be one here in the US that would be a rival for the best, and that is Two and a Half Men. It's into its 9th year, now minus Charlie Sheen, but still doing quite well. Cheers. Wave

It is strange that I really hate this programme but like Steptoe & Son, Are You Being Served? and Till Death Do Us Part.

These progs feature innuendo but the 'rudeness' does not regress into callous swearing in SO obvious a fashion ie; fecking, c**t et al.

To me, Mrs. Brown's Boys is lazy and relies on people being so accepting of anything, regardless of taste, that it is crass and takes comedy back to the awfulness of Love Thy Neighbour - please do not say that is politically correct.

If you call your neighbours 'coloured' folk, and a female who is single and dating is a 'slag' and an elderly relative, is 'crazy' off to the 'loony-bin', then I suppose you will find it acceptable.

Well there are people on here who think this is great 'humour', such low standards do prevail, unfortunately.
Sorry but I have to state my disdain.

It's all harmless though Dellas, the show doesn't target a particular group of society with spite.

Found this by chance, and have spent the latter part of 2 days trying to find every video clip I could. I have not laughed this much in a long time. I somehow find Mrs. Brown so endearing. Love the asides to the audience. I grew up watching Lucille Ball and Carol Burnett, discovered Hyacinth Bucket when I was an adult (I live in the US) and have not found anyone that really struck my interest since - until Mrs. Brown. Would love to see a live production.

Quote: dellas @ October 13 2011, 6:09 AM BST

It is strange that I really hate this programme but like Steptoe & Son, Are You Being Served? and Till Death Do Us Part.

These progs feature innuendo but the 'rudeness' does not regress into callous swearing in SO obvious a fashion ie; fecking, c**t et al.

Given your second paragraph, why is that strange? The shows aren't anything alike. They're sitcoms that have been broadcast on the BBC, that's all they share.

Just seen on the official Mrs. Brown's Boys Facebook page that the BBC have commissioned (for the first time ever) a third series before the second series has been broadcast.

I don't think it is "the first time in history", but nevertheless an interesting choice of spend.

The show has sold out 5 nights at Wolves Civic Hall next year . . .

Tickets still available for Frankie Boyle btw !

This they recommission?
This?
THIS?

The BBC needs a bloody good talking to. They have severely lost their way.