General, General Thread Page 2,733

But, Chappers, did you get that stain out?!

Quote: Ben @ 5th May 2015, 8:46 PM BST

Oo-er!!

Apparently a major newspaper is running a 'Find Mr Spring' contest to win £10. He could be anywhere at anytime.

He is described as between 5'10" and 6'4" with a shaved head and neck tattoos.

If you think you've found him, simply tap his back pocket and say 'I fancy a bit of what's in there.' If you're right he'll give you a brand new , crispy tenner.

If you're wrong, don't worry, keep going. You can have as many goes as you like.

Quote: Oldrocker @ 6th May 2015, 12:11 AM BST

Apparently a major newspaper is running a 'Find Mr Spring' contest to win £10. He could be anywhere at anytime.

He is described as between 5'10" and 6'4" with a shaved head and neck tattoos.

If you think you've found him, simply tap his back pocket and say 'I fancy a bit of what's in there.' If you're right he'll give you a brand new , crispy tenner.

If you're wrong, don't worry, keep going. You can have as many goes as you like.

Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud

Quote: Ben @ 5th May 2015, 8:46 PM BST

Not completely no - but I have confessed.

Penis Zoo.

You've probably been to one in Amsterdam. You filthy boy.

Despite what anyone says about immigration, I think that some of the customs practiced by our Eastern European friends have enriched this country no end.

Driving through Whitmore Reans, Wolverhampton tonight, I was struck by their gay abandonment of parking parallel with the kerb replacing it with their own freestyle parking at 45, 70 and 20 degrees and many others!

Such a change from our steadfast, boring old ways.

Re the PROP Currency topic that appeared briefly before being purged by the moderators:

I seem to recall that prints of GB currency that are greater than 1/3 size of real notes and less than 3 times the size of real notes are considered illegal forgeries.

BILL! 5,000 posts!! Well done - put it on Milestone Posts? :D

Can someone explain what HP sauce tastes like? I have a few recipes that use it, but it has gluten in so I can't have it. So far the recipes seem fine without it, but kind of curious to see what they would be like if I could use a similar thing.

I sort of imagine it is a bit like fruit chutney?

It reminds me of a darker ketchup with a more vinegar-y flavor and less sweetness and body.

It's very spicy.
Maybe a bit like Branston's pickle without the pickle? (That probably doesn't even help.)

Quote: reds @ 28th May 2015, 12:49 PM BST

Can someone explain what HP sauce tastes like? I have a few recipes that use it, but it has gluten in so I can't have it. So far the recipes seem fine without it, but kind of curious to see what they would be like if I could use a similar thing.

I sort of imagine it is a bit like fruit chutney?

That's a shame you can't use it as it is certainly my favourite "brown" sauce, especially on sausages. Maybe a bit tarter and not so thick but you could try Worcestershire sauce in you recipes? Excellent on toasted cheese.

Here is Marty Feldman's hilarious reading/singing of the ingredients on the side of a bottle of HP sauce, when it used to print the contents in French.........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIJnP5W_fF8

Can you not eat some but not swallow or do you get sick just looking at the wrong food?

It tastes exactly like it smells, so just sniff it.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 28th May 2015, 2:28 PM BST

you could try Worcestershire sauce in you recipes? Excellent on toasted cheese.

<3 <3 <3
Yum.