General, General Thread Page 2,727

Quote: Loopey @ 26th February 2015, 6:45 PM GMT

Why Shingle Street?

Because of its desolation and to show the world that we strong women can grow turnips and swedes in those stony conditions. We must show what we are made of in the sisterhood. Hallelujah!

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 26th February 2015, 6:56 PM GMT

Because of its desolation and to show the world that we strong women can grow turnips and swedes in those stony conditions. We must show what we are made of in the sisterhood. Hallelujah!

Amen brother, or sister, or whatever. :D

Quote: Loopey @ 26th February 2015, 7:00 PM GMT

Amen brother, or sister, or whatever. :D

Well according to the Daily Mail, I am somewhere in between.

Quote: DaButt @ 26th February 2015, 12:16 PM GMT

Badge is typically used to describe some sort of official identification, like a cop's shield or an FBI agent's.

And occasionally he has something quite funny to say on here.

What happened to Russel Brand? :O

What were you searching to discover that image??

Quote: Lee @ 31st March 2015, 10:42 AM BST

What were you searching to discover that image??

Nice pic, innit? I bet Renegade Carpark would love it.

This is the truth: I was looking for a nice picture of Howard Webb for the "Let's all Play A Game"-thread. I was using the keywords "Howard Webb" and "closed eyes". This is what Google search presented me as results:

https://www.google.ch/search?q=howard+webb+closed+eyes&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=MWwaVfv0K_KP7AbVwoDYDQ&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAQ&biw=1280&bih=913

Tell that to the judge!

Filth.

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 31st March 2015, 10:46 AM BST

This is the truth: I was looking for a nice picture of Howard Webb for the "Let's all Play A Game"-thread. I was using the keywords "Howard Webb" and "closed eyes". This is what Google search presented me as results:

https://www.google.ch/search?q=howard+webb+closed+eyes&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=MWwaVfv0K_KP7AbVwoDYDQ&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAQ&biw=1280&bih=913

That's the only Howard Webb I know.

I've somehow found myself reading Tripadvisor's guide to Etiquette in the U.K and it's quite interesting/amusing!

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Travel-g186216-s606/United-Kingdom:Tipping.And.Etiquette.html

It's written from the perspective of someone from the U.S, as they compare things to the U.S quite a bit through the article. Now I know the U.S is very multicultural but still...

"When eating in the UK, it is usual to use cutlery (fork, knife and spoon) in order to get food from plate to mouth."

"Belching, burping and breaking wind are considered rude during a meal. If you have to, try to do so quietly or make apology and leave the room. If it is heard, excuse yourself."

Also things to make you proud to be British:

"An easy way to begin a discussion with a stranger (in a pub, queue, train, etc) is to talk about the weather. All British people have an opinion on the weather..."

"When you join a queue, make sure you join it at the back and wait your turn. The British public do not take kindly to queue jumpers and will react in a number of different ways (from tutting and shaking their heads, to manhandling you out of the queue and, possibly, out of the establishment)."

"Most citizen's of the U.K have been abused by at least one 1970s radio disk jockey, if you wish to fit in more socially, a quick reference could be Sir Jimmy Saville... Yes, they do knight their paedophiles, this makes them more identifiable to potential victims."

Quote: Chappers @ 31st March 2015, 6:24 PM BST

That's the only Howard Webb I know.

Yes, but if you scroll down you will see that Google presented me some really surprising results such as

ImageImageImageImage

These are the ones that didn't make my stomach turn immediately...well, not all of them.

What's Joan Crawford got to do with Howard Webb? :S

Quote: Loopey @ 26th February 2015, 6:45 PM GMT

Why Shingle Street?

Sean Connery was asked to name one street

Quote: sootyj @ 2nd April 2015, 1:24 PM BST

Sean Connery was asked to name one street

You thought about that for some time :P - better late than never. Ha De Ha.